2015 Chevrolet Silverado & GMC Sierra 2500HD & 3500HD info

Zane

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They look good, no complaints.

I am disappointed about the status quo on engines, especially the gasser.

Almost criminal though not to fix that dangly a$$ def tank...hate that thing hangin there! Tuck it up somewhere, please.

Down the road? The 2015 HD Diesel says it is direct injection... At least on the gmc website...

It's a diesel... They are talking about DI for the gas motors.

Generally the higher rating of the truck, the more the engine is "detuned".

IMO the power numbers aren't important. What's important is GM's frame is the best.

Seems like Bizarrely weak gas engines. They are going to be SLOW.

The 3500 has a weaker motor than 2500? Carscoop has the motors reversed for the models, the more powerful engine going to the 3500.

As was just said, bigger trucks are always detuned for whatever reason. As for no GDI on the 6.0 (Duramax is and always has been DI), maybe some conflict with CNG setup? Gas HD is mostly a fleet thing anyhow and flew buyers could care less about power.

It's a diesel... They are talking about DI for the gas motors. Generally the higher rating of the truck, the more the engine is "detuned". IMO the power numbers aren't important. What's important is GM's frame is the best.

Power is plenty important when I get behind their slow butt on the highway, clogging the fast lane like a backed up toilet.

Refer to the thread in OT(forgot which) about my recent examples of the moron hoard of truck drivers in OK.

Seriously, when it snows here most the people that get stuck or in wrecks are trucks, or SUVs, plenty of them 4x4s.

Really? They didn't move the low hanging def tank? That has looked like
$hit since 2011. WTF! You can't tell me there is not another place under
the truck to hide the piss tank. Sigh, it's things like this that are
pushing me towards a RAM HD. Pull your head out of your @ss GM!

Really? They didn't move the low hanging def tank? That has looked like

$hit since 2011. WTF! You can't tell me there is not another place under

the truck to hide the piss tank. Sigh, it's things like this that are

pushing me towards a RAM HD. Pull your head out of your @ss GM!

While I agree with what you are saying & hate the appearance of that tank along with the EPA too.

But there has to be some reason, whether it is crash testing or a service reason that it has not moved.

The motor part is a let down as GM NEEDS to make a bigger statement in the HD market & it will be tougher

to get attention for their HD trucks a year or two down the road.

I am not a fan of the location of the DEF tank on the 11 and up trucks, but I will take it there to get the 34 gallon fuel tank in my truck. My last short bed truck only had a 26 gallon tank and that extra 8 gallons makes a world of difference when you are going some place. :jester:

I am not a fan of the location of the DEF tank on the 11 and up trucks, but I will take it there to get the 34 gallon fuel tank in my truck. My last short bed truck only had a 26 gallon tank and that extra 8 gallons makes a world of difference when you are going some place. :jester:

I agree that the large fuel tank is a smart move on the LML's. Not to get off topic but what is your unloaded mpg on highway 70mphish?

Well duh! We're talking gasoline here

Sorry sir, didn't realize your post was speaking of the gas engines. Re-reading I see Ron posted just before you and was talking about the gas motors and then you responded. Maybe the left the 6.0 alone and will just replace it in the HD's with the 6.2 in the near future... IDK.

Now I have 2012 6.0 gasser and love it but the competition is leaving that excellent motor behind.....time to get that 6.2 on line.

Glad I didn't wait around for this....but they are pretty.

Archived