2015 HD's - do you think GM hit a home run or should have done mor

I have to say I am disappointed about not even a small boost in power numbers. I would expect some rebate's will be offered soon after launch since Ford and RAM will have GM beat on power numbers. Don't get me wrong the lml is a great proven motor. I have been waiting for this launch to decide on a leftover 13 or 14 HD or new interior exterior 2015. I will buy the 2015 if they offer rebates and haven't inflated pricing / options. You better be able to get the Duramax on SLE trim and not have to put up with this 6.2 on SLT only bull$hit. If a half ton with 6.2 costs almost 50k, I will just get a 2500 SLE duramax for a few k more.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They should have done much more under the hood. While they will be capable and competitive trucks, they are not world class in any way with the aging engines. Direct injection 6.2L are in production, just not for the heavy duty trucks. Why no direct injection? Oh well, at least GM choose to leave the DEF tank hanging down low so everyone will know you bought a diesel.

Really? They didn't move the low hanging def tank? That has looked like $hit since 2011. WTF! You can't tell me there is not another place under the truck to hide the piss tank. Sigh, it's things like this that are pushing me towards a RAM HD. Pull your head out of your @ss GM!

They should have done much more under the hood. While they will be capable and competitive trucks, they are not world class in any way with the aging engines. Direct injection 6.2L are in production, just not for the heavy duty trucks. Why no direct injection? Oh well, at least GM choose to leave the DEF tank hanging down low so everyone will know you bought a diesel.

Really? They didn't move the low hanging def tank? That has looked like $hit since 2011. WTF! You can't tell me there is not another place under the truck to hide the piss tank. Sigh, it's things like this that are pushing me towards a RAM HD. Pull your head out of your @ss GM!

Buy a ram lol. Those 6.7's are so underpowered and nothing but issues. Duramax is still by far the best diesel platform sold right now, the new cummins are horrible reliability an ford still can't get anything right. I bet you any money that even if the Duramax has the weakest numbers it will still feel the fastest and tow the best.

They didn't need to change ANYTHING under the hood. LML is fine the way it is!! Just leave it alone!! Anybody with a brain would yank the stupid DEF crap off anyways because really they are the only thing that cause issues anyhow. Yank the DPF off, run a str8 pipe, lift pump and custom MCC tuning an you will BLOW the cummins and ford out of the water. Even if they are tuned as well.

They didn't change anything with the engine because it's damn good the way it is. I say good on GM.

As far as the gas engine I don't really care cuz probly won't own another one. If I bought gas truck it would be a ford. For sure.

GM will need to upgrade the engines and offer higher capacity commercial chassis-cab models without question. Hopefully this will happen soon. The new body style does look better on the HD's than the 1500's. A step in the right direction, but more work will be needed to remain competitive.

You know, the real question is are they improved enough to make me want to trade in my GMT-900 HD. Answer is no, not yet.

Buy a ram lol. Those 6.7's are so underpowered and nothing but issues. Duramax is still by far the best diesel platform sold right now, the new cummins are horrible reliability an ford still can't get anything right. I bet you any money that even if the Duramax has the weakest numbers it will still feel the fastest and tow the best.

They didn't need to change ANYTHING under the hood. LML is fine the way it is!! Just leave it alone!! Anybody with a brain would yank the stupid DEF crap off anyways because really they are the only thing that cause issues anyhow. Yank the DPF off, run a str8 pipe, lift pump and custom MCC tuning an you will BLOW the cummins and ford out of the water. Even if they are tuned as well.

They didn't change anything with the engine because it's damn good the way it is. I say good on GM.

As far as the gas engine I don't really care cuz probly won't own another one. If I bought gas truck it would be a ford. For sure.

Paying 50k+ for a new truck should not require you to tune or change $hit. I'm not going to spend 50k+ another couple k to delete emissions.

Paying 50k+ for a new truck should not require you to tune or change $hit. I'm not going to spend 50k+ another couple k to delete emissions.

You completely missed my point. But anyways...

Go ahead buy a cummins lol...pay for an underpowered, unreliable lumber wagon. They are junk. Cummins stopped being a cummins in 2006.

Don't think for a second gm won't turn up the juice a little bit to stay with the game lol. You guys are worried about almost nothing. GM has LOTS left on the table for power in the same platform, it was funny when ford turned up the Juice by 3hp to stay ahead and Duramax still walked aaaallllll over it lolololol

... ford still can't get anything right. ...

I haven't driven a Duramax yet but I drive a 2011 F350 Powerstroke for work every day and I can't complain.

The new 6.7L is way better than the previous Powerstroke (6.2L ?). That one really sucks. Especially the exhaust cleaning system.

What are you referring to?

so long

j-ten-ner

... ford still can't get anything right. ...I haven't driven a Duramax yet but I drive a 2011 F350 Powerstroke for work every day and I can't complain.The new 6.7L is way better than the previous Powerstroke (6.2L ?). That one really sucks. Especially the exhaust cleaning system. What are you referring to? so longj-ten-ner
If you work those trucks hard, the turbos blow up and take out valves...look it up. I agree the are waaaay better than previous, still not right tho .

FWIW the worst ones are 6.0 and 6.4. The 7.3s weren't bad, still had issues tho.

You completely missed my point. But anyways... Go ahead buy a cummins lol...pay for an underpowered, unreliable lumber wagon. They are junk. Cummins stopped being a cummins in 2006.

Whatever "boy"

I think the current motors are fine. Who wants a vette motor in a hd truck? The iron block 6.0 is built to lay down working torque under high loads all day long. The 6.2 is designed for high power output, but not working under high load day in and out.

new cummins couldn't pull a wedge out of a dead dogs ass. Driving one right now for work truck...just seems gutless. Don't know how they can advertise The HP/tq numbers cuz I know it ain't true. No way. Fuel mileage is terrible and it rides like a 2x4. Completely turned me off within a week, although it can do a good burnout lolololol :)

Archived