2015 HD's - do you think GM hit a home run or should have done mor

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No it does not matter once one buys their truck. Never raced my dually nor was it ever a thought. Never tuned it either. BUT the point will be the marketing that brand A has 40 hp advantage over brand B or what ever the number turns out to be. It sells trucks obviously as Ford sold many eco boosts on HP torque & fuel mileage claims.

Yes and it is sad.

People are so easy to manipulate and blinded by numbers.

For me I would rather buy the truck what is proven to be the longest lasting, most reliable, and (YES!) fuel efficient truck.

It wouldn't matter to me to buy my next truck with the 6.2L engine. But since I do not tow on a daily basis and I like a V8 more over a V6 I'll go with the 5.3 L engine. Because of it is plenty of power.

:)

so long

j-ten-ner

• 4 weeks later...

Two questions:

1. Will the 8 speed transmission be strong enough to put into the HDs?

2. I can understand why the new 6.2 engine won't go into the '15 HDs but when will the gas offering be updated with GDI and higher compression?

Does early 2014 availability mean 1st quarter?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I believe so. From a thread started on rv.net orders for the new HD's start in about 1 1/2 weeks now (per the op's friend who works at a dealer if I remember right!).

I am mixed on the new HD's. Exterior is so/so until I see them in person, though I do like the side steps in the rear bumper!!! I have wondered if it will bolt up to my '13! The interior from what I have seen at the dealer looking at the 1500's looks pretty darn good. But I didn't spend to much time looking as I didn't want to convince myself to wait fot the new HD's due to the rebates.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 2011 GM HD one ton diesel and I was looking for more load capacity and towing. My SRW truck is good for about 4000lbs load and the new

Ram will haul 4500lbs. Many truck campers like the Artic Fox 990S weigh about 4321lbs without water. Both Ford and GM are way behind Ram.

• 2 months later...

Get rid of the rattle trap 6.0 gasser and put the DI engine in the 2500 !!!!!!

And for the guys with little nuts, how a bout a 2 speed rear end, yeeeah a big ol red paddle switch on the shifter......

Archived