Oil catch can?

Ok thanks. Yeh I've checked all my lines and everything looks to be hooked up correctly. It's running fine, just wide open throttle my oil pressure shoots all the way up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats probably because our truck have a 2 stage oil pump, it jumps up after 3500ish rpm

These dual valve system aid in oil return by pulling suction at all times so oil does not remain up above the heads as the stock PCV only pulls suction at idle, light cruise, and deceleration, so this aids in oil return and oil flow when it is not fighting crankcase pressure when accelerating or at WOT like the stock system.

These dual valve system aid in oil return by pulling suction at all times so oil does not remain up above the heads as the stock PCV only pulls suction at idle, light cruise, and deceleration, so this aids in oil return and oil flow when it is not fighting crankcase pressure when accelerating or at WOT like the stock system.

GDI Tech, what hose type do you suggest for the catch can system? The hose elite provided are insufficient and cause a hissing sound.

I thought they used a fuel/vapor rated hose, and it should show on the side what it is. Fuel line alone does not have a strong enough sidewall and is prone to collapse under vacuum, but the strongest sidewall hose that is rated for the fuel/oil vapor would be transmission cooler hose or other hydraulic. The thicker, the less the "hiss" can be heard. I like braided -8 as it fits their AN fittings as well and is quiet, but it is expensive. Clean side the -8 (1/2" seems fine). Make sure the checkvalves are flowing away from the can and in the two outer fitting lines. I have never seen the hose they send leak, but as the flow through can be noisy it is a personal preference.

The hose they provided is the Fuel/vapor and is only rated to 50-55 PSI. I've seen some people using 300 PSI rated hose

I thought they used a fuel/vapor rated hose, and it should show on the side what it is. Fuel line alone does not have a strong enough sidewall and is prone to collapse under vacuum, but the strongest sidewall hose that is rated for the fuel/oil vapor would be transmission cooler hose or other hydraulic. The thicker, the less the "hiss" can be heard. I like braided -8 as it fits their AN fittings as well and is quiet, but it is expensive. Clean side the -8 (1/2" seems fine). Make sure the checkvalves are flowing away from the can and in the two outer fitting lines. I have never seen the hose they send leak, but as the flow through can be noisy it is a personal preference.

The hose they provided is the Fuel/vapor and is only rated to 50-55 PSI. I've seen some people using 300 PSI rated hose

Put my new elite e2 on two days ago and the hoses they sent me are rated for 150 PSI. Wasn't a fan of the fittings on the can but thats because its the first time ive used them.

Really? That makes me pissed off now because elite sent me lower rated hoses which IMO is BS!

Put my new elite e2 on two days ago and the hoses they sent me are rated for 150 PSI. Wasn't a fan of the fittings on the can but thats because its the first time ive used them.

Really? That makes me pissed off now because elite sent me lower rated hoses which IMO is BS!

Don't blame you there, what model of can did you get? And was it fairly recent?

Don't blame you there, what model of can did you get? And was it fairly recent?

Same one as you and LAST WEEK! Seriously they better fix this because that's not fair at all.

Same one as you and LAST WEEK! Seriously they better fix this because that's not fair at all.

oh wow ya you better be getting some new ones in the mail from them. I received my catch can a just over a week ago, just took me a while to find the time to install it.

Just a heads up on the UPR Plug n Play™ Dual Valve Catch Can System Quality and Dependability.

All our catch can kits come with the braided hose and OEM style plug n play fittings and never skimp on hose quality or use generic hose clamps at any of the factory connections. So you never have to worry about overtightening clamps or clamps coming loose. Our kits are priced well under what any other retailer would sell them for. You can compare other brands after adding the braided hose, upgraded fittings, and components and you will be well above the specials we run for our forum members.

Always feel free to PM me for a great deal on a kit that will exceed Factory and OEM quality. We are always working on updates and improving our systems across the board and when you break down our prices you will see just how much we include and the cost factors to build systems of this quality without cutting corners.

Joe