2014+ Mud Guards / Flaps

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got them from gmpartsdirect.com and they were less than $40, minus shipping and tax. They can also be found at shopchevyparts.com for around $35. They are the same ones for Silverado/Sierra.

GMAccessorieszone is http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/GMC/en-US/All-New%202014%20Sierra/2014/Accessories/Exterior/Splash%20Guards%20-%20Front%20Molded/#

Not sure why the numbers are different, other than a Chevy/GMC thing or maybe slight differences in them.

That's strange, I bought them from Autoanything.com the day I brought my truck home, July 22. They use three factory screws in the front, and two in the back, along with a 3M adhesive pad at the back. They also give you precut plastic film to put on the painted surfaces front and back, so the liners don't rub through the paint.

http://www.autoanything.com/mud-flaps/61A1176A0A0.aspx

I did the same on my Silverado. They looked good and I saw nothing flimsy about them. I've had the GM flaps on previous trucks and these are every bit compareable to me. Also have the Goodyear SR-A's in the 20", and have been happy with them so far also. 1300 miles on my truck and counting, I will have had it for a month tomorrow and it has been 100% trouble free!

Mike

I got them from gmpartsdirect.com and they were less than $40, minus shipping and tax. They can also be found at shopchevyparts.com for around $35. They are the same ones for Silverado/Sierra.

GMAccessorieszone is http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/GMC/en-US/All-New%202014%20Sierra/2014/Accessories/Exterior/Splash%20Guards%20-%20Front%20Molded/#

Not sure why the numbers are different, other than a Chevy/GMC thing or maybe slight differences in them.

Sierra's might be different because of the fender flares.

I did the same on my Silverado. They looked good and I saw nothing flimsy about them. I've had the GM flaps on previous trucks and these are every bit compareable to me. Also have the Goodyear SR-A's in the 20", and have been happy with them so far also. 1300 miles on my truck and counting, I will have had it for a month tomorrow and it has been 100% trouble free!

Mike

Yeah, they seem nice. We'll see how they work in the winter. I always used Weathertech mud flaps, but they weren't available at the time.

If my new truck didn't have step bars, I probably wouldn't have gotten the mud guards. I like them though. They look and feel rugged and durable, and I like the way they mold to the contours of the fender and corner guard. I don't doubt all of them do the trick. Some may look better on different colors than others. I think the GM ones contrast well with the white of my truck. Now, if I had these GM guards and no step bar, it may not look so well.

That sounds like me. I go off-road, but not the 4' ruts and driving over trees all the time type of stuff. I've had Wilderness A/T, Wrangler AT/S and Dueler Revo until I got the Destination LE the last time. I'd also check out the Michelin LTX M/S as well. Ouch, those will be pricey.

I have been running the LTX M/S since '90 on all my trucks and sub. Worth every penny. Excellent in the rain, good for mild off road. No flats (knock on wood). Ride much better than what they put on my "09 Sierra. The OEM lasted about a week before I put the LTX on. The LTX A/T is also good but I tried the early version of the A/T -2 and they seem to be a rock thrower. Like a lit of ATs.

I received my mud guards for the front today. Installed them myself with no issues. It was a little disheartening having to drill a couple holes on each side in the fender well for the extra screws/anchors. I didn't have an GM SuperLube as it called for, so I used WD-40 with Silicon and a few dabs of black grease for the anchor install. Took about 45 minutes total. Here is a pic of the finished product. I was concerned they would be too low, but they look pretty good. I did make sure of that before I started drilling, BTW. attachicon.gifIMG_20131001_191926_350-2.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20131001_183440_721-2.jpg

I just got some front flaps yesterday, Haven't installed yet,, wondering,, how did you put the anchors in the holes? I don't have a tool like they call for.

I just got some front flaps yesterday, Haven't installed yet,, wondering,, how did you put the anchors in the holes? I don't have a tool like they call for.

I stepped the drill bit size up a little at a time, then gently tapped them into the fender well. Once the screw in inserted through the flap and into the anchor, it all firms up nicely.

I installed my mudflaps yesterday from my Chevy dealer, GM flaps. ,, good thing I did NOT follow the directions for the fronts,, it said to drill a smaller hole,, I forget the size then to drill a 23/64 hole,, That was WAY too big for the anchors they sent. The smaller drill they said to use work just fine though. Tapped them right in,

I installed my mudflaps yesterday from my Chevy dealer, GM flaps. ,, good thing I did NOT follow the directions for the fronts,, it said to drill a smaller hole,, I forget the size then to drill a 23/64 hole,, That was WAY too big for the anchors they sent. The smaller drill they said to use work just fine though. Tapped them right in,

Glad you like them. Personally, I think they blend in with the new trucks quite well. We've had a large amount of rain this week, and the running boards look much better than they would have without the guards. They also keep tar and other such crap from sling up the vehicle. I'm still not decided on the rear flaps, though.

I put them on both ends. I like the way the back flaps look too,, plus they have the Chevy bowtie on them,, Easier to install than the fronts. even though you have to remove the wheels,, actually it is a good thing I had to take the wheels off,, the lugnuts were not even close to being torqued to the 140 ft. lbs they call for. Going to have a talk with my dealer,, they just installed new tires on it when they put the steps on. I would post some pix, but don't have any yet. and not sure how to post them here anyway.

Archived