2014+ Mud Guards / Flaps

I received my mud guards for the front today. Installed them myself with no issues. It was a little disheartening having to drill a couple holes on each side in the fender well for the extra screws/anchors. I didn't have an GM SuperLube as it called for, so I used WD-40 with Silicon and a few dabs of black grease for the anchor install. Took about 45 minutes total. Here is a pic of the finished product. I was concerned they would be too low, but they look pretty good. I did make sure of that before I started drilling, BTW. post-121147-0-79817900-1380674730_thumb.jpgpost-121147-0-71768300-1380674766_thumb.jpg

post-121147-0-79817900-1380674730_thumb.jpg

post-121147-0-71768300-1380674766_thumb.jpg

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks good! Are those 18" Tires? I have the 22" and I'm wanting flaps also.

Mike

Yes, I have the 18" wheels. They blend into the truck quite nicely.

Husky liners are no drill and a lot cleaner looking.

Husky said they do not yet have mud guards for the 2014 Silverado and Sierra. They may be out there, but that was coming from Husky. The factory guard remains in place also. I've seen some of the Husky mud guards and some look flimsy and cheap and don't blend well with the vehicle. I do like their floor mats, though. I'll keep a check on when they may be available for the 2014 to see how they look. Pretty happy with the OEM look, though.

Side note, I could have done these no-drill and just used the 2 screws that hold the factory corner guard and some double sided tape, but I wanted them more secure. The Husky liners ( for 2013) also require drilling for proper recommended installation.

Yes, I have the 18" wheels. They blend into the truck quite nicely.

Husky said they do not yet have mud guards for the 2014 Silverado and Sierra. They may be out there, but that was coming from Husky. The factory guard remains in place also. I've seen some of the Husky mud guards and some look flimsy and cheap and don't blend well with the vehicle. I do like their floor mats, though. I'll keep a check on when they may be available for the 2014 to see how they look. Pretty happy with the OEM look, though.

Side note, I could have done these no-drill and just used the 2 screws that hold the factory corner guard and some double sided tape, but I wanted them more secure. The Husky liners ( for 2013) also require drilling for proper recommended installation.

I've had them on my 2014 Silverado since July.

4C6C9FBF-BFA1-4D7B-81F1-D57AA4A006D1-2790-000005290F6E286B_zpsa5f71784.jpg

Thanks for the pics. I wonder if they are same as the 13? The Husky rep said they did not have them for the 14 yet and they don't show them on their website online, either. Wonder why? They look pretty good, as well. How did they attach? Did they just use the 2 screws that hold the corner guard in place?

Also, JoeK, do you like your SR-A tires? Many folks don't like them, but I've had no problems with mine yet. Seems that many original GY do well, but replacements just aren't up to par. I had Firestone Destination LE on my 99 when I sold it. Loved them. I'd always ran an A/T tire, but changed the last time I bought some. Probably stick with highway all seasons on the 14, too.

Thanks for the pics. I wonder if they are same as the 13? The Husky rep said they did not have them for the 14 yet and they don't show them on their website online, either. Wonder why? They look pretty good, as well. How did they attach? Did they just use the 2 screws that hold the corner guard in place?

That's strange, I bought them from Autoanything.com the day I brought my truck home, July 22. They use three factory screws in the front, and two in the back, along with a 3M adhesive pad at the back. They also give you precut plastic film to put on the painted surfaces front and back, so the liners don't rub through the paint.

http://www.autoanything.com/mud-flaps/61A1176A0A0.aspx

Also, JoeK, do you like your SR-A tires? Many folks don't like them, but I've had no problems with mine yet. Seems that many original GY do well, but replacements just aren't up to par. I had Firestone Destination LE on my 99 when I sold it. Loved them. I'd always ran an A/T tire, but changed the last time I bought some. Probably stick with highway all seasons on the 14, too.

Since I drive on asphalt 99.9% of the time, they do just fine. We'll see how they do in the winter, but I would imagine they'll be fine with all the nannies new vehicles have. When I purchased my truck, I drove one with 20's and it did not ride as smooth as mine with the 18's and SRA's.

That sounds like me. I go off-road, but not the 4' ruts and driving over trees all the time type of stuff. I've had Wilderness A/T, Wrangler AT/S and Dueler Revo until I got the Destination LE the last time. I'd also check out the Michelin LTX M/S as well. Ouch, those will be pricey.

I received my mud guards for the front today. Installed them myself with no issues. It was a little disheartening having to drill a couple holes on each side in the fender well for the extra screws/anchors. I didn't have an GM SuperLube as it called for, so I used WD-40 with Silicon and a few dabs of black grease for the anchor install. Took about 45 minutes total. Here is a pic of the finished product. I was concerned they would be too low, but they look pretty good. I did make sure of that before I started drilling, BTW. attachicon.gifIMG_20131001_191926_350-2.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20131001_183440_721-2.jpg

What part number are these need them it to protect my side rails to I have the same ones.....did you get the rear ones too? Looks great

What part number are these need them it to protect my side rails to I have the same ones.....did you get the rear ones too? Looks great

Thanks! The part number for the front guards are #22894857. I only got the front guards because the small guard in front of the rear tire keep stuff from slinging onto that part of the step bar. It actually looks good with just the front. That is something I was a little concerned about at first, how it would look with the front only and not the rear ones.

Thanks! The part number for the front guards are #22894857. I only got the front guards because the small guard in front of the rear tire keep stuff from slinging onto that part of the step bar. It actually looks good with just the front. That is something I was a little concerned about at first, how it would look with the front only and not the rear ones.

Ok thanks but can't find that part number list in gmaccessorieszone.com how much were they?

Archived