Seat Movement Issues

I had my truck into the dealership a few weeks ago for seat movement issues and it seems they added two small clips to fasten the seat cushion to the frame. At first it seemed it may be better (I think it was psychological), but I now have movement in the seat again. I see the clips are still there, but I get seat movement (lateral and forwards/backwards, not up and down) in turns and braking. It definitely feels like the bracket to me as the movement is small but sudden and clunks, not smooth like the cushion is sliding. Every time I get in the seat clicks/clunks a little in a manner that makes it seem as if it is taking up the slack in the bracket bushings or pivot points.

Anyone who has had the actual seat bracket replaced have any better luck fixing the issue?

is it the same bracket without a fix to address the slop in the bracket?

This is ridiculous to have this happen on such an expensive vehicle. I know it is a new model blah blah blah, but things like this fall under the basic fundamentals. Figure out how to make a seat!!! Venting over....Thanks for the help and otherwise I love the truck so far, but get frustrated over such elementary things going wrong.

Edited by MotoMedic
Added Topic Tags

whatever... I'm sure 2013 Chevy was perfect and had no issue. I'm sure your 1996 Ford is also perfect and never had any issues ...

The truth is that every car/truck, every year has it's issues. The 2014 has no more issues than any other year.

• Like 4

My seat was doing the EXACT same thing and then I noticed I had it set very high. Once I lowered the seat a bit the "clicking" when turning corners went away. I guess these seats are just not very stable when raised up very high. Kind of like a scissor jack that is more stable when lowered I assume.

• Like 1

My seat was doing the EXACT same thing and then I noticed I had it set very high. Once I lowered the seat a bit the "clicking" when turning corners went away. I guess these seats are just not very stable when raised up very high. Kind of like a scissor jack that is more stable when lowered I assume.

My seat has been doing the same thing as the OP's. Just started doing it about 100 miles ago (650 miles on the truck now). I'll try this and sees what happens.

Edited by 4X4Sierra5.3

4X4Sierra5.3,

Hello! I am sorry to learn that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle regarding the seat moving. I am more than happy to look into this concern for you. Could you private message me referencing this thread and include your contact information, VIN, exact mileage, and preferred dealership?

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

• Like 2

4X4Sierra5.3,

Hello! I am sorry to learn that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle regarding the seat moving. I am more than happy to look into this concern for you. Could you private message me referencing this thread and include your contact information, VIN, exact mileage, and preferred dealership?

Jennifer T.

GM Customer Care

Hi Jennifer, My 2014 is doing the same thing with the seat movement.... Alos experiencing a noise froim the rear of the truck every morning when cool. Sounds like rapid bumping noise. Not sure if coming from the rear gears or is the locking differential. Dealer does not know what it is. They removed the drive shaft and lubed, but did not fix the noise. When the vehicle is driven and warm, there is no more noise. Thanks, Pete

Hi Jennifer, My 2014 is doing the same thing with the seat movement.... Alos experiencing a noise froim the rear of the truck every morning when cool. Sounds like rapid bumping noise. Not sure if coming from the rear gears or is the locking differential. Dealer does not know what it is. They removed the drive shaft and lubed, but did not fix the noise. When the vehicle is driven and warm, there is no more noise. Thanks, Pete

Could be brakes or a flat spot on the tires from sitting overnight. What tires do you have? The Goodyear Eagle's?

Hi CiceroChevy,

I'm sorry to hear about the movement issue you are experiencing with your seats. We would like to assist you further by looking into your case with the dealer. Could you please private message us your name, address, phone number, VIN and dealership you used?

Toddfather,

I know you mentioned you haven't had time to take it to the dealer. Would you like us to assist in setting up an appointment for you to take your vehicle in? Please message us your name, address, phone number, VIN, and preferred dealership.

We look forward to your reply.

Jonathan A. (Assisting Jennifer)

GM Customer Service

Like anything new, there will be issues. Seems like a minor fix, hopefully this is the end of the recalls. No bueno.... I'm sure they will get it resolved. Bad press and recalls does affect their bottom line. I'm willing to buy right now, but after seeing this recall, I'm going to sit tight, even though I have a private offer expiring at the end of this month. GM will have to increase the private offer for me to consider at this point.

Hope everyone that bought these trucks can get their problem fixed soon!

• Like 1

Like anything new, there will be issues. Seems like a minor fix, hopefully this is the end of the recalls. No bueno.... I'm sure they will get it resolved. Bad press and recalls does affect their bottom line. I'm willing to buy right now, but after seeing this recall, I'm going to sit tight, even though I have a private offer expiring at the end of this month. GM will have to increase the private offer for me to consider at this point.

Hope everyone that bought these trucks can get their problem fixed soon!

Really? That's a new thought process. :dunno: