Seat Movement Issues

I had the tsb done on my 15 a month or two ago and it's been rock solid since. No movement at all. This is the tsb with the shim kit and the extra clamps (black) next to the white factory ones. Seems to working so far. I didn't have a bunch of left-right movement before, but it was there and i didnt want it to get worse.

So far so good.

Do you have a digital copy of the TSB?

I just got my truck back. they replaced (so they said) the actuator and adjusted rails and re-tighten the bolt on the seat. It doesn't make clicking noises any longer but we'll have to see how long this lasts.

Is this the fix for 2016's? Mine is doing it pretty bad. Well bad enough it is bothering the crap out of me. Is your seat still good?

Is this the fix for 2016's? Mine is doing it pretty bad. Well bad enough it is bothering the crap out of me. Is your seat still good?

The tech tried to use the same method on the 14's and 15's but that didn't apply to this so they tried this method. it's holding up so far. I've taken a 300 mile trip and there's no noise yet, doesn't mean it won't happen. It might take another 4000 miles before the symptoms creep up.

Edited by cs2016lt

• 1 month later...

I have alot of up and down movement of the bottom cushion. It rubs on the plastic trim as I drive over bumps. It makes a creak/ rub sound that I can feel. It is worse around the lane departure sensors in the driver seat. I can also feel it in the passenger seat if I push down on the bottom cushion.

Will the hose clamp thing fix this? Or is this another poor design flaw that the dealer will dismiss?

Had my 2014 repaired under warranty, they killed the seat heater doing the fix and the cooled portion of the seats never worked the same (as well) after the repair then it started shifting again after about a year. After about 4 trips back to the dealership monkeys I just gave up. Finally traded for a 2016 and it is doing well so far but disappointed to hear that some 2016 owners are having the issue. Come on GM its been almost 3 years since launch of the new platform lets get these bugs out man.

Jennifer, Is there a way for you to get in touch with someone who can tell us what the lead time for these seat assemblies is? I have a meeting with my dealer tomorrow morning and I am guessing that is the situation I will be in...waiting for a seat to be found. As a customer who currently owns the vehicle, I believe I should get preference over vehicles going down the line, but unfortunately GM already has my money and the ones on the line only earn them more, so I am likely lowest on their list.

In my personal opinion this is a big miss with GM due to the fact that this part is 100% related to the customer's experience, not to mention something that is fundamental to every car on the road today, so what makes this one so difficult to do correctly?

I am sick of feeling like I am sitting on a snow tube on a cold winter day as I go around corners in this truck. At first it was once or twice, now all the time, so there is a definite wear out mode here. The rear of the bottom portion of the seat just seems to clunk from side to side. I took a look under the seat to see if there was any noticeable slop in the bracket without digging too far, but I cant seem to find it. I can feel it and hear it under the seat, but cant seem to pinpoint the direct area.

I love the truck, but this experience is making me wish I would have never got rid of my 2011 Ford F150 ecoboost (which was a new model year also for all of you people that tend to use that as an excuse).

Has there been any resolve to this issue? I have had the same thing happen. The first time i had an issue they found a service bulletin on it and ordered what they called a rail? Supposedly it had welded points on it. This fixed the issue for a few months. I dont even drive the truck every day. It started again this fall. So far ive had it there 4 times. They just looked at it and said that everything is tight in there as. The part that they replaced is tight and not broke. Even the head guy of the dealership sat in it and drove it and I know him personally. He said he couldnt feel anything. On mine it doant do it all the time just periodically. Im about to tear into it myself.

Has there been any resolve to this issue? I have had the same thing happen. The first time i had an issue they found a service bulletin on it and ordered what they called a rail? Supposedly it had welded points on it. This fixed the issue for a few months. I dont even drive the truck every day. It started again this fall. So far ive had it there 4 times. They just looked at it and said that everything is tight in there as. The part that they replaced is tight and not broke. Even the head guy of the dealership sat in it and drove it and I know him personally. He said he couldnt feel anything. On mine it doant do it all the time just periodically. Im about to tear into it myself.

• 1 month later...

I've recently started exp this issue on my 2016 Chevy, heard the fix is some kind of shim, but also read it's more like a temporary fix. The seat adjuster assembly had to be ordered and replaced. I will be taking it in to the dealer for popping/ seat moving around left, right, foward and backward. 2016 with 8k miles!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Just picked mine up from the dealer and it's fixed! Hopefully it lasts.

2016 with 5500 miles on it and the 10 way power drivers seat. Started doing it last year sometime.

The service dept knew exactly what it was when i stopped in to ask about it last week. I dropped it off at 9am today. They called at 10:30am and said they were waiting on parts still. Called me again at 1pm and it was done already. Just picked it up, no more seat noise.

Idk when the bulletin came out for it, but there is a bulletin for it. Pic of service paperwork below.

764cf1004bf119bb307970d421da422b.jpg

Second time in for the exact same problem... had my entire driver seat track replaced. Snug and solid now, no seat movement or clicking noise. Will this still be the case in six months or a year? "Clip fix" I had done first time around, didn't last a year before the problem re-appeared.

• 1 month later...

There's a document numbered PIT5542, (Don't think its a TSB) that corrects noises, movements, clunk/pop/clicks, It was performed on mine and corrected the issues I was having. They install GM Part# 13405675 along with modifying a bracket.

They did that on my 2015 at 6,700 miles. Since that time I had the clips poking me in the ass til the day I traded the vehicle. The seat didn't click but my rear was pinched pretty bad. I'll chalk it up to a dealership issue more than a vehicle issue?

Same issue on a 2016 with 4600 miles. Physically showed the tech after he couldn't hear/feel anything. Hour went by and they concluded they couldn't reproduce the results...

It's literally bad enough to move the seat with your hands pushing left and right at the base. I mentioned the PIT5542 document and he said that wasn't the correct format for their TSB.

He's going to research it and let me know if he finds anything...