Official 6.2L fuel economy & Max Trailer numbers

Zane

It'll never get those epa numbers unless you drive very, very easy on the throttle and don't even consider towing or adding weight in the bed. It looks good on paper, but the current 6.2's were way off as well. I realize that there are more fuel saving gadgets, but again, those people buying this engine are not buying it to save gas to start with. When you are paying north of 50g's then who cares what the mpg is! LOL I would pin it a couple to three mpg less than this. We'll see...

Let me correct myself then, most of them don't come too close to the posted numbers. I actually have a great friend that happens to work at a GM dealer as a service writer and I was asking him before I decided against ordering one and I have also spoken with a few people that have them. I'm not saying it will not get the posted numbers, just that the overwhelming majority of prospective owners will not due to the way they will surely operate the vehicle. Hey, if you need to drive it like a four banger or an electric vehicle to get the best mpg, then it is a waste to even have to begin with. I even have to drive my new 5.3 like a snail to get over 20mpg and I test drove three different trucks with both the 3.08 and the 3.42 ratios with the same results before my purchase. I'm not hating, I just don't see it being a common thing if you actually drive it like you want to! LOL

Let me correct myself then, most of them don't come too close to the posted numbers. I actually have a great friend that happens to work at a GM dealer as a service writer and I was asking him before I decided against ordering one and I have also spoken with a few people that have them. I'm not saying it will not get the posted numbers, just that the overwhelming majority of prospective owners will not due to the way they will surely operate the vehicle. Hey, if you need to drive it like a four banger or an electric vehicle to get the best mpg, then it is a waste to even have to begin with. I even have to drive my new 5.3 like a snail to get over 20mpg and I test drove three different trucks with both the 3.08 and the 3.42 ratios with the same results before my purchase. I'm not hating, I just don't see it being a common thing if you actually drive it like you want to! LOL

You sir, are correct. It will be a challenge to achieve those numbers on a regular basis, if you think otherwise you're nuts. Just like the vette getting 28mpg on the hwy, yeah if you short shift it under 2000 rpms and driver like a grandma not in any fashion the way the thing was intended to be used (oh wait - nevermind I guess most vette owners DO drive like that lol)

It'll average 15 city/hwy - book it.

I used to short shift all my cars on normal trips around 2000-2300. If I was in the playing mood I would wind them out

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

My 2009 6.2L gets 14 mpg combined. That's with an aggressive computer tune, long tube headers, intake and a cat back. My driving style is not mild as I'm putting new tires on every year.

My 2009 6.2L gets 14 mpg combined. That's with an aggressive computer tune, long tube headers, intake and a cat back. My driving style is not mild as I'm putting new tires on every year.

Actually those mods should all INCREASE your mileage...its your right foot that's the problem LOL!

I am sure the 6.2L will do better than rated but who really buys a truck for fuel mileage? I have driven all the models and this how look at all the models and how I rated them, this is just my opinion:

2014 -GMC - Bold and refined inside and out, great mpg/power - 10

2014- Chevy - Strong and refined inside and out great mpg/power - 9.9

2014- Dodge- Clean and sleek, innovative but cheap, rattle trap- 8.0

2014 -Toyota- F---ing ugly inside and out and cheap materials, terrible MPG, strong motor- 6.0

2014 - Ford - F---ing ugly, cheap, and terrible MPG, decent power - 5.8

2013 Nissan - do they build a truck?

I'm not concerned with mileage really. I know you can't get the 3.73 with a 6?2 in the AT, was just curious about the seat dyno.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Archived