- - - - -

2014 GMC Sierra Navigation

5 replies to this topic

#1 txwhaler76

• 20 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

So can I only use my navigation if I go through on-star? I installed a factory nav in my 09 sierra crew cab and i had access to all the maps and navigation without on-star. I'm guessing the new system is different?

Picked up my sierra crew cab sle all terrain on monday and I absolutely love it. Way smoother than my 09 sle z71 and a lot quieter!

Thanks for the replies.

#2 mzodarg

Senior Enthusiast

• 1,111 posts
  • Drives:2015i 2500 High Country Duramax

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:12 PM

As far as I know, the nav works separate from the onstar.  I do know that my 2013 Malibu with my link does not have onstar active and the GPS works just fine.

One thing I hope is that the map updates come down in price.  It's a ton of cash to update my Malibu when the time comes.

Hope that helps,

2015i 2500 High Country Duramax 4x4

PPEI tune, Flo-Pro 5" exhaust, AMP retractable running boards, custom LED grill lights.

#3 BringTheRain403

Senior Enthusiast

• 1,177 posts
  • Drives:2014 GMC Sierra Z-71 SLT

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:23 PM

Depends which Nav you are talking about.  There's the Nav through MyLink and then there's OnStar's turn by turn nav...

#4 novarox71

• 32 posts
  • Name:Freddy
  • Drives:2014 GMC Sierra Slt

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:46 AM

Yea, even if you dont have Navigation, the unit lets you select it but it's on star not real navigation.

#5 dmd277

• 181 posts
  • Name:Doug
  • Drives:2014 Sierra SLT Double Cab

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:55 AM

As others have posted the cars navigation and on star are two different systems, adjust the volume before using the system the volume in my truck was set very loud.

#6 DRS 95 Silverado

DRS 95 Silverado

• 381 posts
  • Drives:2014 GMC & 95 Silverado

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:15 PM

If your truck is equiped with the navigation system you can go through On-Star or type in an address right on the screen, search for for points of interest, nearest gas station, hospital etc. from the screen also. You can also send an address from Map Quest to your truck or even from the On-Star app on your phone.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users