- - - - -

2014 GMC Sierra Navigation

5 replies to this topic

#1 txwhaler76

txwhaler76

Enthusiast

• 19 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

So can I only use my navigation if I go through on-star? I installed a factory nav in my 09 sierra crew cab and i had access to all the maps and navigation without on-star. I'm guessing the new system is different?

Picked up my sierra crew cab sle all terrain on monday and I absolutely love it. Way smoother than my 09 sle z71 and a lot quieter!

Thanks for the replies.

#2 mzodarg

mzodarg

Enthusiast

• 995 posts
  • Drives:2014 Chevy Crew cab Z71 LTZ

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:12 PM

As far as I know, the nav works separate from the onstar.  I do know that my 2013 Malibu with my link does not have onstar active and the GPS works just fine.

One thing I hope is that the map updates come down in price.  It's a ton of cash to update my Malibu when the time comes.

Hope that helps,

Mike

2014 LTZ Z71 Crewcab

truck69a345x198_zpsc06f9f54.jpg

22" GM rims, GM tri-fold bed cover, chrome honeycomb grill, AMP power steps,GM painted mud flaps, weathertech in channel vent visors, auto locking tailgate, GM under rail bed lighting. Custom 3" exhaust with Magnaflow 14" and third CAT delete, tuned by Diablew.

#3 BringTheRain403

BringTheRain403

Senior Enthusiast

• 1,125 posts
  • Drives:2014 GMC Sierra Z-71 SLT

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:23 PM

Depends which Nav you are talking about.  There's the Nav through MyLink and then there's OnStar's turn by turn nav...

#4 novarox71

novarox71

Enthusiast

• 32 posts
  • Name:Freddy
  • Drives:2014 GMC Sierra Slt

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:46 AM

Yea, even if you dont have Navigation, the unit lets you select it but it's on star not real navigation.

#5 dmd277

dmd277

Enthusiast

• 181 posts
  • Name:Doug
  • Drives:2014 Sierra SLT Double Cab

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:55 AM

As others have posted the cars navigation and on star are two different systems, adjust the volume before using the system the volume in my truck was set very loud.

#6 DRS 95 Silverado

DRS 95 Silverado

Enthusiast

• 351 posts
  • Drives:2014 GMC & 95 Silverado

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:15 PM

If your truck is equiped with the navigation system you can go through On-Star or type in an address right on the screen, search for for points of interest, nearest gas station, hospital etc. from the screen also. You can also send an address from Map Quest to your truck or even from the On-Star app on your phone.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users