2014 GMC Sierra Navigation

So can I only use my navigation if I go through on-star? I installed a factory nav in my 09 sierra crew cab and i had access to all the maps and navigation without on-star. I'm guessing the new system is different?

Picked up my sierra crew cab sle all terrain on monday and I absolutely love it. Way smoother than my 09 sle z71 and a lot quieter!

Thanks for the replies.

As far as I know, the nav works separate from the onstar. I do know that my 2013 Malibu with my link does not have onstar active and the GPS works just fine.

One thing I hope is that the map updates come down in price. It's a ton of cash to update my Malibu when the time comes.

Hope that helps,

Mike

As others have posted the cars navigation and on star are two different systems, adjust the volume before using the system the volume in my truck was set very loud.

If your truck is equiped with the navigation system you can go through On-Star or type in an address right on the screen, search for for points of interest, nearest gas station, hospital etc. from the screen also. You can also send an address from Map Quest to your truck or even from the On-Star app on your phone.

Archived