High Mileage Club - 300k+ Miles Edition

Just curious if anyone else on this forum has passed the 300k miles (or km equivalent) mark or if I'm here all by my lonesome. Gm or otherwise let's see your high mileage vehicle. Info such as vehicle specs, current mileage, and if major repairs were needed how many miles did you have when it was done? Pics are nice too!

(Sorry if this in the wrong section didn't know where to put it)

Ill start it off

2000 Sierra 1500 SLE 4.8/4L60E 3.73 gears

Current mileage: 316,902 miles

Needed a transmission at 278k miles and just replaced the stock tie rods, ball joints, idler arm, and 1 cv axle. Motor is still stock. Other than that the AC and interior need some work.

pabehete.jpg

araberyz.jpg

u2aryge6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm the second owner. Bought it from an elderly man in 07 with 241k miles on it all original. Gets castrol gtx high mileage every 3k miles, tires rotated every 6k, pretty much the basics. All that's been fixed or replaced is the transmission, tie rods, ball joints, both wheel bearings last year, I'm on my second set of brake pads, one water pump and alternator, and a coolant hose busted a few years back. It's had 2 sets of u-joints so far also front and back. As far as routine checks go I pretty much follow the monthly/mileage checklist in my chiltens repair book

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I had a 1983 Toyota 4WD up to 265,000 miles. I had to rebuild the standard transmission at 140,000 and the bearings were going out again. Other than that, just occasional oil leaks from a seal going bad hear and there. I was always having oil seals going out.

Getting a vehicle over 300,000 miles is pretty impressive. Good job.

Still hanging out with 325k here. Original 4.8, rebuilt 4L60E, original rear end. Interior looks awesome after the swap, A/C blows in the high 30's / low 40's on a 100℉ day. The truck still runs and drives awesome, and looks decent for what it is, too.

Sadly, it doesn't get driven but once or twice a month now. The fuel mileage didn't cut it when my commute went from 12 miles round trip to 36. I bought a little beater so the truck sits now.

• 2 weeks later...

My dad's old '88 1500 has somewhere over 300K on it. Not sure on the exact mileage because the odometer quit working at 265K sometime around 1995, but I'd have to guess it has somewhere around 320K. Original 350 but the tranny was rebuilt around 200K. It burns a little oil but still runs good.

My 1990 gmc 1500 4.3L 360 000 klm +

1988 chev 2500 6.2L Diesel 400 000 klm +

1988 gmc 1500 4.3L 350 000klm +

1993 gmc 3500 6.5L Diesel 390 000 Klm +

The old and reliable 4.3 Litres are still on the road.

The 93 is pulling a 5th Wheel. and the 88 diesl is now and still a plow truck

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I am now part of the high mileage club. I own a 2005 GMC Sierra slt crew cab z71 truck. It has the v8 5.3l in it. Now for the amazing part. Orginal motor. Tranny went at 240k. Orginal rear end. Nothing but preventative maintance has been done to this truck. Second owner. I will always be a gm owner. It now has 302k on it and is very clean

Edited by Zrsports
  • Like 1