Adding Navigation to Intellilink / MyLink System

Shipping in is less expensive than exchange but you don't want to send yours in so that's the option available.

Will the radio have the 4g lte indicator on the radio like the 2017s if you flash the app shop to the 2016 hmi? Or is that just for the 2017s?

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can a 2016 get the 2017 app shop? I know there aren't many apps out yet .Is it just a HMI switch?

Yup and no need for the HMI switch we can add it to your existing unit however there may be more to it depending on the application.

Can a 2016 accept the 2017 hmi with Nav that way I don't have to send off my hmi?

Is the price any lower with an exchange or is it the same price? Or is that a question for Anthony?

Will the radio have the 4g lte indicator on the radio like the 2017s if you flash the app shop to the 2016 hmi? Or is that just for the 2017s?

Sorry for the delay guys getting in here. As always, it's going to be best to TEXT me as I get way to busy during the day to stay in here...but, we do have some pretty cool new developments going on. Most of this is a discussion for the MVI Vendor-VIM/HMI unlock thread, but I'll drop some info in here and also in the MVI unlock thread.

So, we do have some cool stuff we are working on with the 2017 stuff and here is where we are at as of now.

We can now offer the 2017 equipment as a retro back to as far as 2014. We can do this as a NAV upgrade only with the unlock on the 2014-2015 GM Trucks (Cadillac Escalade Included), or we can offer as a Unlock Upgrade without having to upgrade to NAV on the 2016's.

Here is what you will gain as of now:

Along with our usual unlock that provides the VIM from factory DVD/BlueRay (if equipped) and USB/SD with additional video format options available, NAV address entry in motion (if equipped with factory NAV) and SMS Text display and read back onto the factory screen (when not plugged into CarPlay/Android Auto); you will also have the very latest more stable 2017 operating system software, teen driver access "unlocked", the App Shop loaded, and yes the 4G indicator.

Now..I need to be clear on the fact that we are still testing some stuff on the app shop and teen driver and I'm almost positive that these features will require different hardware to be added to the truck for these to function properly. I should have more to share on that later in the week. However, this will give you the starting point for where you will need to be to communicate with the new hardware (if needed).

For the 2017 guys...again, jump over to the Unlock thread; but we will be able to bring back the correct GMC Icons and scheme that we have always been accustom to before GM decided to make them all look like Chevys !!

Text for pricing details guys. There are to many different variables to just throw one price out there...so please text for pricing. I say this very respectfully, but I also ask that you only TEXT in if you are serious about doing this upgrade. We stay extremely busy and need to be able to allocate our time effectively for everyone. We will do our best to keep the info coming in here as questions pop up.

Here is a couple screen shots of the 17 stuff running in a 2016 GMC..you'll notice the correct GMC icons.

2017 HMI Software Screen Shot For GMC 1

2017 HMI Software Screen Shot For GMC 2

• 2 months later...

If anyone has interest in adding the factory DVD / Bluray. We have the factory overhead screen complete now. Goes perfect with the DVD / Bluray upgrade we offer with the unlock. This now allows us to offer the complete system, fully unlocked for all those who prefer complete factory. This is the public version...gives the general overview of the install. We have the full length version done as well...it's 45 min long so it is very detailed.

As usual...shoot me a TEXT for any interest

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys! Wanted to drop a quick line of a new inexpensive option for adding navigation AND HDMI input for Phone Mirroring ect and USB Video Playback In-Motion. I currently only offer this piece for the 2014-2015 guys, but we are tweaking things to work for 2016-2017 as we speak. I currently have 3 available for the 2014-2015 owners that want to test and document at $495.00.

If interested, please TEXT 919-995-9523

• 2 months later...

Hey guys just reminding everyone of our current weekend specials we are currently offering. For anyone with the larger 8" screen and would like to add navigation we are offering the factory navigation upgrade module at $30 off right now. Not only are we offering the discount but the modules will ship with all new 2017 factory mapping. To take advantage of our weekend offer please visit our website at: https://www.gm-navigation.com/shop/2014-chevrolet-silverado-factory-navigation-system/ at time of checkout enter: 2017nav for the coupon code. For those of you who require additional assistance or prefer purchasing over the phone with a sales representative please contact us today.

We have modules available for the 2014-2015 and newer 2015.5 along with some 16 CPO vehicles as well. For any additional info or questions concerning our weekend specials please call us at 866-428-3585 or via text at 919-995-9523.

Archived