Adding Navigation to Intellilink / MyLink System

And yet other sellers are purporting to make these changes to the existing part. Who's to believe anymore? I feel we're all collectively being taken for a (VERY) expensive train ride.

Not purporting definitely making the changes, many people on this forum have it ;)

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HAHAHA!!! $695 to mirror your smartphone? That's a joke.

Is that the verified price for the smartphone mirroring package? if so that is shocking.

maybe for half that i would have considered that as google/verizon maps would top any oem navigation for me but that $ is just too much.

not to mention, their site leaves a lot to the imagination as to how they implement the screen mirroring from mobile devices. it doesn't seem it is using the "casting" functionality that you would find in android phones. i'm not even sure there is a built in screen mirroring capability other than the one in samsung devices that allows device-to-device mirroring which makes me wonder if there is some custom app...

FYI

I bought one of the Navigation upgrades from Kodiakz about 10 months ago. I will say it works great, just like all other factory Nav, not as good as Garmin or TOMTOM but close. I will say the HMI i received looked identical to the one I removed from my vehicle, BUT the one I received from Kodiakz had a different GM part number on it and there was no place on the one I removed from my Silverado to plug in the GPS antennae, so I'm going to assume different software and possibly hardware on the one from Kodiakz verses the non GPS HMI that came from the factory in my Silverado.

Received my upgrade from kodiakz yesterday. Install was easy, I'm a bit of a perfectionist so my install took me more like an hour but I'm also not that familiar with taking apart a dash. Just a note for Canadians upgrading, you can't buy travel and weather for XM radios in Canada. I only tried the NAV just for about 5 minutes down the road but seems like it is a good upgrade. Sucks for us in Canada with the exchange rate but in the U.S. I think it's a good price for what you get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone had the 4G network recall upgrade done that has the NAV upgrade from kodiakz? I'm not sure if that is going to pose a problem, should I reinstall the old HMI before taking the truck in for the recall?

I work at the factory and can tell you that there is no more "head units" the screen you see is only an inch thick. The radio is controlled by a box behind it that will have options for XM or no XM. The HMI module we install behind the glove box, there are multiple HMI's. These are what control your navigation.

I work at the factory and can tell you that there is no more "head units" the screen you see is only an inch thick. The radio is controlled by a box behind it that will have options for XM or no XM. The HMI module we install behind the glove box, there are multiple HMI's. These are what control your navigation.

*Scratches neck* hey man let me get some HMI modules!

That price is looking much nicer! I want to mirror my iphone to the factory radio, but aint gonna pay $700 for it ... for $389 I'm intrigued

Crux stuff is about as reliable as a pinto lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It looks like you need to have A/V plugs from the factory for the Crux kit to work....thats what the instructions said unless I read them wrong. How much is the kit from Kodiakz going for these days?

Crux stuff is about as reliable as a pinto lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That reference is before my time, is that a good or bad thing about crux?

I just added factory navigation to my 2014 Sierra. So much better than the onstar crap. cost me under 1000$. Screw the dealer and GM who told me it couldn't be done. All I did was switch out ONE part (HMI already pre programmed) and add the provided antenna and "whala". It works!. So if anyone is looking for a place to get one from I found Digital Dash Solutions on EBAY but I contacted them directly. I got a 2015 one so I got the txt to voice app too. You don't need to fiddle behind the radio with the radio module at all like i saw in some youtube videos or send in your old one as a core. To get the weather app / traffic to work I was told that it was a paid XM service and to call them and ask them to override their system to add it. Otherwise their system doesn't know you switched to IO6 and will indicate they cant do it. I do still have problems with my iPhone connecting to it tho :(.

Archived