Adding Navigation to Intellilink / MyLink System

You are going to have major issues down the road with a 15 module with a 14 radio and cluster programming. Nice to know another vendor people can't trust to get it right :(

Really? I was told I wouldn't have any problems. What problems should i expect so i can watch for them. No issues yet and i've been running it for 2 weeks now. I know the iphone loosing connectivity is a larger issue because it was happening before too. As I said I love mine so fa. Just wish my phone didn't keep on disconnecting. Works good with my BF's android. I guess GM made their stuff everything but an iphone.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh tons of fun stuff. There was a huge coordinated software/hardware change on the IPC/Radio and HMI to address a bunch of issues. You'll see text run off the screen on the IPC (check the indexing message when you plug a device in), the frame rate was tweaked a little bit so certain events will crash the data display on the HUD/IPC. HD radio song/artist info won't display, some XM travel link events will lock the HMI up because they aren't sent correctly.

The BIG fun one is updates, with that unit they won't be able to not only update the HMI but also the Radio/IPC as the loaders are different when using a 15 module so even if they were to spoof it the files still won't load for your particular IPC/Radio (USB updates).

There is literally two pages of issues with that configuration but these are the ones I remember off the top of my head.

So I called up the company and mentioned what issues I may have with it. He said the HMI I received is the newest 2015 module which superseded the 2014 ones so it has all the newest software updates. It is what you would get if you ordered a new one from the dealer for a 2014 w/ IO6. They said that any other glitches that may occur are minor and nothing worse than the current glitches in the IO5 and have not received any complaints regarding it and if there were any to come they would take care of it. (I don't have a HUD anyway nor use XM much) They also said that were aware of future update issues but were confident they had a fix and if for any reason whatsoever I went to a dealer and had updates done that either didn't take or got rid on the navigation feature that they offer free lifetime software updates and reactivation with all their HMI sales or I could put my old unit back in temporarily for the dealer trip. He said that future map updates will successfully update via USB with the setup but the newest HMI's already have the newest mapping software.

That is 110% bullshit (sorry to be so blunt but I hate to see people taken advantage of). If you ordered a Nav HMI for your vehicle (14/15 non 15.5 so no SMS application) you would not get a version 14 software build, you'd get a 12.6 (Current build is 12.6N185) those modules DID NOT supersede anything; they were fresh for 15.5 to correspond with the changes in other modules.

They are clueless, there are so many things wrong with what they told you I don't even know where to start. The module they sold you even has a completely different map database structure for updates. The updates I'm talking about aren't even to the HMI mostly but those that use the HMI as a gateway to the most bus IE radio and IPC and they probably don't even know thats how major updates get pushed.

Steer clear of this company my god....

Really? I was told I wouldn't have any problems. What problems should i expect so i can watch for them. No issues yet and i've been running it for 2 weeks now. I know the iphone loosing connectivity is a larger issue because it was happening before too. As I said I love mine so fa. Just wish my phone didn't keep on disconnecting. Works good with my BF's android. I guess GM made their stuff everything but an iphone.

Iphone 6 plus on AT&T, I've never had one single problem on all iOS 8 updates. I've got a 15.5 though so maybe that's the difference.

-Skeet

Iphone 6 plus on AT&T, I've never had one single problem on all iOS 8 updates. I've got a 15.5 though so maybe that's the difference.

-Skeet

Ya, I still got the iPhone 4S with AT&T and didn't have room to do the latest update so maybe I'll be good when I get my upgrade to my phone soon. I just know there was a gm bullitan in the issue and all it said was to delete and repair the device.

Ya, I still got the iPhone 4S with AT&T and didn't have room to do the latest update so maybe I'll be good when I get my upgrade to my phone soon. I just know there was a gm bullitan in the issue and all it said was to delete and repair the device.

Gotcha. I've got an iPod plugged into one of the USB ports in the center console, sometimes it will act up. I may blame it on being super cold from leaving it in there all the time and needing to to warm up. I'll pick a song sometimes, and it will play a different one. Or I'll pick an album and it will play an entire different one. Phone works great though!

-Skeet

cowgrl8916 I've been dealing with DigtalDash for many, many years and have never had a problem with their products, and found that what they say you can count on, I wouldn't worry about a thing, I completely trust them, and they will do just what they say,......Your are in the best hands...............

Hello, newbie here, just wondering if kodiakz is still offering addon nav for 2014 mylink?

I believe so. I just received mine from him a week or so ago. Works great. I also bought a splitter and cables as mentioned in earlier posts so that i could use the same antenna connection that Onstar uses instead of the antenna that comes with it.

cowgrl8916 I've been dealing with DigtalDash for many, many years and have never had a problem with their products, and found that what they say you can count on, I wouldn't worry about a thing, I completely trust them, and they will do just what they say,......Your are in the best hands...............

Oh, don't worry, I am not worried about a thing :) . They answered all my questions professionally and I believe what they said 110%. I have no issues at all with my new HMI and again if there were future updates that didn't take that they would take care of it free of charge. I was very happy with their service. I assume if here were any issues with their setup they wouldn't still be selling them and would be reflected in their eBay reviews as well. One satisfied customer here all happy with their new navigation. :) Was so happy to find a simple option with no splitter or extra radio module. Just a simple 20 min job.

Archived