Adding Navigation to Intellilink / MyLink System

Installed mine yesterday, just as described. Installation took about a half hour, I had to be slow and gentle with the radio bezel (thanks AJ3), but all worked out great. Navigation, weather and traffic showed up instantly. Very happy, thanks Kodiakz.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone used one of these cables. Is this all that is needed to add nav to a 2015 LTZ CC. This part is also listed on the Chevrolet website for $975. It says Converts an I05 radio to a factory-spec navigation I06 radio.

http://www.shopchevyparts.com/electronics/2015-silverado-1500-navigation-radio-upgrade/23231646-p-92283353.html

I wonder if they will make one for the 2014 Silverado's? . It's a little bit cheaper(almost $200.00) then what I got a price quote for on here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone used one of these cables. Is this all that is needed to add nav to a 2015 LTZ CC. This part is also listed on the Chevrolet website for $975. It says Converts an I05 radio to a factory-spec navigation I06 radio.

http://www.shopchevyparts.com/electronics/2015-silverado-1500-navigation-radio-upgrade/23231646-p-92283353.html

Does anyone have this or know how this installs. Thanks

It installs like the one that you can get on here. Swap out the HMI behind the glove box. and I think they are going for $672.00.

They only work on the 2015 sierra / Silverado according to the guy @ shopchevyparts.com

Tons of changes won't work properly in a 14.

Not wanting a 15 HMI on a 14 but rather having them sell a navigation upgradable HMI for the 2014 models like they have now for the 2015, that was referenced in another post... If can be done, it's GM that needs to just start to sell it..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My plug and play 2015 HMI is still working perfectly fine in my 2014 truck. Been running it for 2+ month now with no issues. Paid 950$ including the HMI, antenna and programming.

And i have a bridge for sale! Look you can drop the act, everyone here already figured out you work for the company you are trying to pimp. That or you magically post the sales pitch over and over again in this thread (and no other posts on the board) from a town right next to the business you are pushing purely by luck LOL

Hi all,

I just picked up a 2015 LTZ. My dealer is adding the navigation kit as I type this. I cant comment on how well it works out cause it isn't done yet.

Mine is the first one they have done and the tech is having issues with the software update.

The kit advertised in Chevrolet's accessory catalog is the parts only. i.e. new HMI module and antenna harness, using the sharkfin. It does not come preprogrammed though, so it is not plug and play.

And... for the record, this is specific to the 2015, it will not work in a 2014.

After installation it would need a trip to your local dealer to download and install the nav software.

Advantages:

Its dealer installed, covered by factory warranty and all software updates are valid. (No chance of erasing the nav software)

Chevrolet recognizes the installation so there are no issues with the VIN not showing a nav install as it is updated during the install procedure.

Disadvantages:

while the kit is $675.00 on the web, you will have to pay for programming. (unless you know someone) it could easily cost more than the price quoted here.

I'll update after I get it back.

Hi all,

I just picked up a 2015 LTZ. My dealer is adding the navigation kit as I type this. I cant comment on how well it works out cause it isn't done yet.

Mine is the first one they have done and the tech is having issues with the software update.

The kit advertised in Chevrolet's accessory catalog is the parts only. i.e. new HMI module and antenna harness, using the sharkfin. It does not come preprogrammed though, so it is not plug and play.

And... for the record, this is specific to the 2015, it will not work in a 2014.

After installation it would need a trip to your local dealer to download and install the nav software.

Advantages:

Its dealer installed, covered by factory warranty and all software updates are valid. (No chance of erasing the nav software)

Chevrolet recognizes the installation so there are no issues with the VIN not showing a nav install as it is updated during the install procedure.

Disadvantages:

while the kit is $675.00 on the web, you will have to pay for programming. (unless you know someone) it could easily cost more than the price quoted here.

I'll update after I get it back.

Do you know what they are charging you for the kit and installation?

Oh tons of fun stuff. There was a huge coordinated software/hardware change on the IPC/Radio and HMI to address a bunch of issues. You'll see text run off the screen on the IPC (check the indexing message when you plug a device in), the frame rate was tweaked a little bit so certain events will crash the data display on the HUD/IPC. HD radio song/artist info won't display, some XM travel link events will lock the HMI up because they aren't sent correctly.

The BIG fun one is updates, with that unit they won't be able to not only update the HMI but also the Radio/IPC as the loaders are different when using a 15 module so even if they were to spoof it the files still won't load for your particular IPC/Radio (USB updates).

There is literally two pages of issues with that configuration but these are the ones I remember off the top of my head.

So, if I'm reading this correctly, there's subsequently no way to add something like the texting function to a MY14?

So, if I'm reading this correctly, there's subsequently no way to add something like the texting function to a MY14?

Oh thats been done hundreds of times already. Contact gm-navigation.com they can send you a custom programmed HMI with texting, video in motion, nav entry in motion etc.

Archived