Adding Navigation to Intellilink / MyLink System

I got mine from Anthony @ Gm-navigation.com. Everything was super easy to install, true plug and play. I'm not too mechanically inclined and I installed it with no problem. I got the nav., text, and video in motion. It looks identical to what my buddy's 2015 SLT has who ordered his from the "factory". Kids love the video in motion, took a trip to Beaumont from New Orleans and the system was flawless. Best upgrade to my truck yet!!

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I gave up trying to get in touch with kodiakz. I had my dealer install the IO6 HMI module this week. They did the VIN programming but not the XM change or OnStar. It took me about 15 minutes to get it thru to the customer service rep that my radio would now support traffic and weather. I have not contacted OnStar yet as I can manually enter a destination by typing it in or thru voice recognition. I can also pull an address from my phones contact list. Eventually I will get around to calling OnStar to deal with them. Pretty happy with it so far. The weather and traffic functions are pretty cool as well.

The $1200 installed is pretty close. I really looked at the phone mirroring but wanted it to be original when it's time to get rid of the truck down the road.

I mirrored my phone for less than half that price, with many many more options now than what you are getting.

Also your truck will not be original with the io6 mod installed, but a mirroring system is not a mod or hack and (depending on the brand chosen) is it plug-n-play so just unplug before you trade.

The system I installed I added a mounted HDMI/USB port but that was my choice, it can all be concealed if one so decides.

Give this a read; http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/175444-new-2015-silverado-smartphone-mirroring-guide/

I gave up trying to get in touch with kodiakz. I had my dealer install the IO6 HMI module this week. They did the VIN programming but not the XM change or OnStar. It took me about 15 minutes to get it thru to the customer service rep that my radio would now support traffic and weather. I have not contacted OnStar yet as I can manually enter a destination by typing it in or thru voice recognition. I can also pull an address from my phones contact list. Eventually I will get around to calling OnStar to deal with them. Pretty happy with it so far. The weather and traffic functions are pretty cool as well.

What year is your truck?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The $1200 installed is pretty close. I really looked at the phone mirroring but wanted it to be original when it's time to get rid of the truck down the road.

Jesus, that could buy premium aftermarket navigation/head units for that much.

The sad part is, a smartphone made in the last ~4 years and google maps/waze and any one of a thousand weather apps does all that for free. It's literally even cheaper to buy a 2nd hand smartphone, buy it it's own data plan on your cell service for almost 5 years and literally just leave it in the vehicle in a nav mount.

The purpose of the rant, though, is that $1,200 extra is just too much after the original cost of the vehicle.

I purchased an aftermarket 2015 HMI module programmed with GPS for my 2015 Silverado 2500 (built before August). Easy plug and play and worked great for about 2 weeks, then while driving the radio stayed playing, but the 8" touch screen went completely black. It stayed black for about 45 seconds and came back on and reconnected my phone via Bluetooth. It took about 5 minutes for the gps to put me back on the right street (it had me in the middle of the water when it first come back up). Contacted the guy where I bought it and he said to have the radio updated. I did. It went out again about a week later, same scenario. He sent me a HMI module without text, new GPS antenna and new radio module. Still went out, but only at random times. Brought truck to dealer and dealer said there was a code in the HMI for USB receptacle. They said the re-programmed. They also called TAC and was told to review HMI engineering page and refer to pi1126f. They said they found radio and HMI data way out dated and performed update on HMI and radio (program code 8f108. I got home from dealership (Nav was now gone because they re-flashed HMI) and put original HMI in truck. Guy where I purchased is telling me that if the dealer truly did reprogram his HMI, my factory original HMI wouldn't work. It works fine. I don't know anything about this stuff, so if any of this makes any sense to anyone please let me know. All I wanted was navigation in my dash. (without the screen going black.) Anyone else experiencing the screen issue? Is it the truck or GPS system? UGGGGHHHHH

Archived