Adding Navigation to Intellilink / MyLink System

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. Brought it to the dealer. The said they re-programmed and updated the HMI and radio. I have my doubts they re-programmed or updated anything, but they did at least re-flash it because they took the nav option off. When I got home from the dealer, I put my factory original HMI back in and fired the truck up. Everything works like a charm....except the lack of navigation....for now!

No. Brought it to the dealer. The said they re-programmed and updated the HMI and radio. I have my doubts they re-programmed or updated anything, but they did at least re-flash it because they took the nav option off. When I got home from the dealer, I put my factory original HMI back in and fired the truck up. Everything works like a charm....except the lack of navigation....for now!

No worries :D ...thanks for the call on Friday. You are in the right hands now...the number one thing that sets us apart from the rest, is this simple fact.....we don't stop until its right and works the way its supposed to. We'll get you working properly!!

A few people said it didn't matter what HMI I used as long as the programming was correct. I'm not too savvy on vehicle electronics so I don't know. I just want to make sure what I put in my truck works. Like I said to kodiak....I'm in the Army and don't have time to deal with these issues. I just wanted something that works.

A few people said it didn't matter what HMI I used as long as the programming was correct. I'm not too savvy on vehicle electronics so I don't know. I just want to make sure what I put in my truck works. Like I said to kodiak....I'm in the Army and don't have time to deal with these issues. I just wanted something that works.

Yup those are the people you DONT want to listen to because they literally have no clue about what they are doing, what else changed to accommodate the change in the HMI IE the rest of the stuff on the most bus LOL The only company that can actually do REAL custom programming is MVI, I've seen time and time again an yukon calibration in a Sierra from other places. The good news is it appears you've gotten ahold of MVI which means you'll be set in no time :)

I gave up trying to get in touch with kodiakz. I had my dealer install the IO6 HMI module this week. They did the VIN programming but not the XM change or OnStar. It took me about 15 minutes to get it thru to the customer service rep that my radio would now support traffic and weather. I have not contacted OnStar yet as I can manually enter a destination by typing it in or thru voice recognition. I can also pull an address from my phones contact list. Eventually I will get around to calling OnStar to deal with them. Pretty happy with it so far. The weather and traffic functions are pretty cool as well.

If you would like some tips on getting this going with On-Star Text/Call and I'll give you some advise. It can be rather frustrating getting this done...so knowing the ropes can make it a little easier.

Yup those are the people you DONT want to listen to because they literally have no clue about what they are doing, what else changed to accommodate the change in the HMI IE the rest of the stuff on the most bus LOL The only company that can actually do REAL custom programming is MVI, I've seen time and time again an yukon calibration in a Sierra from other places. The good news is it appears you've gotten ahold of MVI which means you'll be set in no time :)

Thanks Sir!! Definitely not trying to toot our own horn here....but we do take this stuff VERY seriously. We do it full time day in and day out and its all we do. Not just something we attempt to do on the side just to make a quick buck and run or give up when it doesn't work like its supposed to. Way to much to keep up with to just paly around with it!!

JKief...Thank You for all you do for our country and for making our freedom serious business as well :flag:

I asked my dealer about doing that and they said it can't be done, very interesting!

I mirrored my phone for less than half that price, with many many more options now than what you are getting.

Also your truck will not be original with the io6 mod installed, but a mirroring system is not a mod or hack and (depending on the brand chosen) is it plug-n-play so just unplug before you trade.

The system I installed I added a mounted HDMI/USB port but that was my choice, it can all be concealed if one so decides.

Give this a read; http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/175444-new-2015-silverado-smartphone-mirroring-guide/

Jesus, that could buy premium aftermarket navigation/head units for that much.

The sad part is, a smartphone made in the last ~4 years and google maps/waze and any one of a thousand weather apps does all that for free. It's literally even cheaper to buy a 2nd hand smartphone, buy it it's own data plan on your cell service for almost 5 years and literally just leave it in the vehicle in a nav mount.

The purpose of the rant, though, is that $1,200 extra is just too much after the original cost of the vehicle.

Pretty normal to hear from the dealer that it can't be done. We get that phone call at least 5 times a day. It totally can be done, done correctly and for less than $1200.00 if you are doing it yourself. We make it pretty easy to do yourself, so definitely call if you have some interest.

Shadetree1 did an AMAZING job doing a write up on the A/V module and smartphone interface in the other thread. He also has mastered how to make this work using voice recognition as well....so there are definitely some pretty cool options available utilizing your smartphone. That will be the next thread I jump in and have some fun with...putting together a pretty cool new video as we speak showing this being added without intruding on anything at all :D

Found this for $682.50 but you have to have a dealer burn your VIN into it.....

http://www.shopchevyparts.com/electronics/2015-sierra-1500-navigation-radio-upgrade/23231646-p-92283699.html

IMO, thats a high price for just adding the limited GM NAV system.

BTW- didn't mention what version of 2015 or 2015.5 MyLink it is able to work with or anything about the GPS antenna interface to the shark fin.

Archived