Adding Navigation to Intellilink / MyLink System

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MVI sent me a new HMI module to add navigation in my truck, antenna splitter, and updates after I had issues with a previous module from someone else. I've had no issues and I like the idea of the antenna splitter much better than having the GPS stuffed under the dash. Overall, I'm very impressed and MVI has been very personable through the entire process. Thanks guys!!

I'll second the MVI shout out. I went with MVI primarily because of the splitter. My unit has worked flawlessly for a couple of months now. The installation went smoothly and when I needed him, Anthony knew exactly what the issue was and had me corrected in a few minutes. This guy knows his stuff!

Most definitely going to require a new unit.

Will you guys be working on a way to adapt the new '16 Carplay units to the '14 and '15 trucks? If so, sign me up!

I see oemautopartsco offers IO4 and IO5 upgrades to IO6. I assume the process will be similar.

Will you guys be working on a way to adapt the new '16 Carplay units to the '14 and '15 trucks? If so, sign me up!

I see oemautopartsco offers IO4 and IO5 upgrades to IO6. I assume the process will be similar.

This new setup is completely different...we are working on it though. We'll keep everyone posted as progress is made

• 2 weeks later...

Soooo....Pretty cool stuff to offer with the I03 vehicles as far as upgrades go. We can go from I03 to I04/I05 or I06.

Check out the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVS57N90YgI

Video talks about showing other functions...we ran out of time :nonod: Sorry!!

There is a full length step by step video available for viewing upon purchase of the kit...but like all of our other kits, its put together for super easy install. :D

Soooo....Pretty cool stuff to offer with the I03 vehicles as far as upgrades go. We can go from I03 to I04/I05 or I06.

Check out the video:

Video talks about showing other functions...we ran out of time :nonod: Sorry!!

There is a full length step by step video available for viewing upon purchase of the kit...but like all of our other kits, its put together for super easy install. :D

Thanks for posting this as many IO3+ users don't know or understand what is available.

Everyone has been asking for CarPlay....Here you go !!!

Sorry the video is a little grainy :ughdance: We used a different camera and it didn't perform the best. There will be a follow up video withy better clarity in the next couple weeks.

Some things to note about the CarPlay upgrade:

1. We do offer the full unlock service on the 2016 vehicles that have the CarPlay functionality already in place. This is the same service that everyone has come to expect from the 2014-2015 vehicles for In-Motion Functionality.

2. We can upgrade the 2014-2015 vehicles to CarPlay :thumbs: THIS IS A HARDWARE UPGRADE...sorry to disappoint those that were hoping for a software upgrade....NOT Possible through software.

3. We have been testing this for a full week in a 2015 vehicle and everything seems to test well. It does have some bugs...as ALL Apple Software tends to have....however the bugs are limited and NOT BAD AS Long as you are running the latest iOS software.

4. Not going to be a cheap upgrade unfortunately. Especially if you want FULL Functionality. You Will Need to Expect an upgrade price similar to a NAV upgrade from I05. Pricing will not be displayed here publicly so please contact for more info. Texting will be the best way to get a quick reply.

5. We are working on some pretty cool camera stuff with this new upgrade...I'll keep everyone posted as we make development.

Phones ring off the hook already....so please TEXT for the quickest response.

• 4 weeks later...

Are HMI Modules backward compatible? I'm thinking upgrading my 14 Sierra to I06 Navigation. If I get a 15MY Sierra HMI Module (different part number than 14), can the 14 software be flashed on the 15 HMI module and work?

No, will create issues with other modules in the most bus.

Archived