Adding Navigation to Intellilink / MyLink System

Anyone know how to tell weather the HMI module is behind the touch screen or behind glovebox?

Glovebox sounds easier to remove and reinstall..

It's Glovebox.

If you want to see for yourself, it's four screws for the lower box, then pull. Then it's two for the upper, and pull. It's tucked a little ways back, so if you don't know what it is you're looking for (or where), you might need a little time to find it.|

That said, if it were behind screen, even that's not hard to do...remove trim bezel, then four bolts/screws for bracket...

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shopchevyparts.com! There is a factory navigation upgrade for 2015 Silverado,comes w/hMI module, splitter and the antenna leads. Along with code for dealer to program. It works on 14 as long as you have my link 8" screen and i05.

Wow they didnt offer that for the 14s.....How much are they going for ?

Shopchevyparts.com! There is a factory navigation upgrade for 2015 Silverado,comes w/hMI module, splitter and the antenna leads. Along with code for dealer to program. It works on 14 as long as you have my link 8" screen and i05.

Wow they didnt offer that for the 14s.....How much are they going for ?

+ programming.

So...I will confirm this this week. Unless they have released new fitments in last couple months (which I'm pretty certain they have not), the GM Accessory NAV upgrade is only available for the 2015's and NOT the 2014's. Even then, they are only available for certain trim models. I would tread very lightly here with these sites offering these. You basically have parts guys trying to make sales quotas selling product and they are offering this stuff with NO Support! There is an entire process that the dealer has to go through with these "activation codes" and it is very Vin Specific and very Year specific and it will get kicked out. This will result in a charge to you from your dealer that has wasted their time trying to get a module working in a vehicle it was not set up for....Guaranteed!! Then the nightmare return process will start. :shakehead:

I would definitely tread lightly

If it helps...I do have some 2014 modules at a pretty good price right now....while supplies last and you won't have to go through any headaches of even involving the dealer.

Text me for more info

Minimum of 1 hour labor...so on average $120.00 per hour. Some will be more. I did confirm that these are only available on the 2015's though. getting a dealer to get a 2015 module work in a 2014 will be next to impossible. You would really need a good tech to get this done.

• 2 months later...

Well I got my package today, I had ordered it before I found this site and after reading all the post on the GPS upgrade Im almost sure mine came from the same person that is a member of this site that sells them, even though I ordered from a company, I think he and the company are one and the same, I have gotten dash clusters from them in the past, good people to deal with, I have a 2014 crew cab that I bought that was five months old with a little over 6,000 miles on it, for what I think was a good price, but after reading all of this thread I took my truck to the dealer today to check for recalls and up dates and it had several, that needed taken care of, they cant get to it until the 10/22/14 so to keep from having any problems with the up dates, and the upgrade GPS system Im gonna wait until they have taken care of all the updates before I install the unit, hope mine goes as smooth as what Ive been reading on here.Also they are going to check the drivers seat to see why it has a popping in it when I turn a curve sounds like something is broke in the seat bottom, dont make the sound all the time..or should I say the feeling that I feel in the seat...

Well I got my package today, I had ordered it before I found this site and after reading all the post on the GPS upgrade Im almost sure mine came from the same person that is a member of this site that sells them, even though I ordered from a company, I think he and the company are one and the same, I have gotten dash clusters from them in the past, good people to deal with, I have a 2014 crew cab that I bought that was five months old with a little over 6,000 miles on it, for what I think was a good price, but after reading all of this thread I took my truck to the dealer today to check for recalls and up dates and it had several, that needed taken care of, they cant get to it until the 10/22/14 so to keep from having any problems with the up dates, and the upgrade GPS system Im gonna wait until they have taken care of all the updates before I install the unit, hope mine goes as smooth as what Ive been reading on here.Also they are going to check the drivers seat to see why it has a popping in it when I turn a curve sounds like something is broke in the seat bottom, dont make the sound all the time..or should I say the feeling that I feel in the seat...

Well I have put the navigation upgrade from shopchevyparts.com in a 2015 and a 2014 w/no problems. It is authorised by gm because they give you a key that the tech uses when he calls programing support and they add to vehicle vin# so its always there. It's says only 2015 but will work on 2014 as long as it's i05 w/8" screen.

Archived