AFM recall

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found out that my truck will need the updates. I will have that done when I take it in for service pretty soon.

How did you find this out? Did you have to take it in or just called and had them run your VIN? There seems to be confusion in this thread about how to determine if updates are needed or not.

How did you find this out? Did you have to take it in or just called and had them run your VIN? There seems to be confusion in this thread about how to determine if updates are needed or not.

Don't think I am who your talking to, but I had my local run my VIN. GMrecalls had nothing listed for my VIN, but from experience, I did not trust that.

After the local Chevy ran my vin, I need it also.

• 4 weeks later...

I called my service department he said he saw no recalls on my VIN and I gave him the recall bulletin number 13330 he was reading it and he saw no notation on my VIN. He also said if it needed it GM would send a letter is that true????? Don't know what to believe.... Please help!

If your VIN comes up clean, chances are that it won't apply to your truck. Not sure if they are sending notices, this is more of when you come in for service and the service department checks the VIN number against the GM VIS system and says to you "oh there is an open update/recall to your truck."

They will send you a letter if there is a recall on anything. I got one for the seat tilt mechanism and took my truck in for that. While there I also brought up this AFM computer reflash issue and the adviser looked into it. He said it was really not a recall it's was more of a TSB. My truck did not need the reflash and I was good to go. My truck was built at the end of August.

I talked to my dealership today and they said there have been no recalls on my Sierra but there were two Field Actions (loose seat and rough engine movement that resulted in a reprogramming). Both of these he said were done back in August, which actually confuses me because I bought the truck brand new the last week of October. Is there anyway I can tell from my VIN when the truck was made?

thanks

Can the people who have had the update to the ECM tell us what their build dates are?

My truck was built in in August of 2013.

I'm also curious about this. My build date was in September and my dealer is telling me there are currently no updates for my Sierra.

Archived