HID lights

Hi, I'm new to the fourm. I have a white diamond silverado (LTZ) and have been browsing around a little and came across the HID lights thread and wanted to give my reviews on the HID lights since there is a lot of questions out there pertaining the kit. My HID light kit came from theretrofitsource. I have the 5k color in the 3five bulb. If anyone have already ordered the kit and was wondering why there is two different bulbs that theretrofitsource offer is because it depends on how the light bulb fits in the housing. For projectors which is what I have...the returning wire on the HID bulb is suppose to be facing down when the bulb is locked correctly in the housing to not cause "shadow" in the light. But with XB35 bulb which is the bulb with the returning wire facing down when locked in place doesn't shoot out of the projector correctly which I will attach the photos below. The XB35 bulb does take out the shadow but causes my lighting to be jacked up. Now the 3five bulb on the other hand have the return wire facing up when sitted correctly but it shoots out the projector perfect with a little shadow which you can't see unless you pull up to a garage door like shown in the picture or a white building...you can't notice it while driving so I kept the 3five bulb. I hope this helps ya when choosing the HID kit from theretrofitsource...they do have the best HID kit on the market..no i'm not promoting or advertising..they do not offer the pretty blue lights which to me is all show but behind the starring wheel you can't see crap. The light shoots bright and "crisp"...the picture doesn't do justice..I hope I explained this clearly..if ya have any question feel free to ask.

On another note...since the truck have the auto lights to come on...everytime I start my truck during the day time..I have to manually turn off the auto light switch to the headlight because my lights will either strobe, flicker, or have one side of the headlight off and it looks like my light is blown...I have the wire harness hooked up correctly and everything and I still have that problem so I called the retro fit source people and they said that it can't be fixed and to manually turn off the auto lights while driving during the day..At this point I am used to doing that but I have forgotten to turn it off and I get reminded when I pull up to someone rear end and see one of my lights are on or it strobes....it's weird I know...any idea what I should do to stop this? and also...how do I adjust the project headlights? they are a little to high..it needs to be turn down...thanks for ya help.

This is the 3fivebulb

IMG_1607_zps59b6f3ba.jpg

3Fivebulb again and you can see the shadow...you actually can't see if while driving.

IMG_1609_zps38d27700.jpg

Very bright.

IMG_1610_zps9a8f9610.jpg

And this is the XB35 bulb..as you can see the light is all messed up..it doesn't even have the cut off line like how the project shoots out.

IMG_1620_zpsd4592fd2.jpg

XB35 bulb again.

IMG_1619_zps2b85fc3b.jpg

Nice truck and nice review on the HID..

Are you still on the factory projector? I swapped mine out with the Fx_R projectors and loved.. Will never go back to factory projector again..

Welcome!!!

That is an awesome picture.

thanks!

Nice truck and nice review on the HID..

Are you still on the factory projector? I swapped mine out with the Fx_R projectors and loved.. Will never go back to factory projector again..

yes I am still on the factory projectors..do you have a pic of fx_r installed?

Hi, for the headlight turning on for my 2011 Avalanche I made a headlight delay relay using a 528t module used for alarms. I have had it in for almost a year and no problems, I did make sure to waterproof it though.

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?50619-Headlight-Delay-DEI-528T-How-To-(with-pics) is the thread I followed, HOWEVER: you do not hook it to the battery, or atleast for 2011 I didn't. I followed the following picture to hook it up BUT I cut the blue loop. The wires labeled ballast + and - hook up before the wire harness. If its confusing, take a look at the above linked thread or ask me any questions about it. Great choice on the Retrofit Source, I love their products, I have done a quad retro on my Avy. I recommend doing what block8head did and retro in some FX-Rs in your future. Those stock halogen projectors weren't meant for HIDs and seeing how simple it is to swap to an FXR, I don't see why you wouldn't.

149126d1247274690-how-wire-hid-delay-tim

The guys at the retrofit place lied to you or they are just ignorant, you need a canbus module to fix the flickering a drl issues. You can get them off morimoto's website for 30 bucks.

okay thanks!!

The

guys at the retrofit place lied to you or they are just ignorant, you

need a canbus module to fix the flickering a drl issues. You can get

them off morimoto's website for 30 bucks.

Sporty Shorty, do you have HIDs in your Sierra? I just ordered my 9006

Morimoto Elite HID System for my 2014 GMC Sierra SLT a couple of days

ago and waiting for them to come in.

The guys at the retrofit place lied to you or they are just ignorant, you need a canbus module to fix the flickering a drl issues. You can get them off morimoto's website for 30 bucks.

The description for the Can-bus module says it does not work for DRL?

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=238

The sierra and silverado don't have the same bulb size? The silverado takes h11 bulbs...

No. The Sierra has 9012 but the 9006 is equivalent minus removing one tab to make it fit so I've heard. Well the new Sierra's DRLs are the LEDs which, during the day, the bottom strip stays on and when the main lights go on at night both strips (top and bottom) light up. That makes me wonder if the canbus would work with the DRLs because they are different wiring therefore making the lights not flicker and still have the DRLs. Not positive though. Does anyone have any clarification on it?

The description for the Can-bus module says it does not work for DRL?

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=238

This one work wonder.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OPT7-HID-2-ECM-Auto-Computer-Warning-Cancellers-Capacitors-for-OPT7-Xenon-kits-/141081343033?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20d91a7439

I have it on mine and been driving it for month without issue..

Archived