Rattling noises in window?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Rockfest,

Sorry to hear about the rattling in your window. Was this something you wanted to work with your dealership to get this looked at? If you would like any assistance we would be glad to look into this for you, just send us a private message including your name, address, phone number, VIN, current mileage, and preferred dealership.

Jonathan A. (Assisting Jennifer)

GM Customer Care

My drivers side window. It's driving me crazy! And I talked to my dealer and he told me they would push the door tighter so the rattle goes away but then I will hear a wind noise. I asked him I'm paying 40k for a truck that rattles?

oh god i was hoping this would be overwith for the 14's...

anyway i know on my GMT900's they were making a light squeaking noise sounded like it was coming from the window... so i got some silicone and rubbed it into the weather stripping on all door and its quiet now.

I found what the problem is. Its the window seal the plastic part about a inch back from the lock on the top part of the door. I wasn't really happy with what the Chevy dealer up the road told me. That its either rattle or wind noises.

I found what the problem is. Its the window seal the plastic part about a inch back from the lock on the top part of the door. I wasn't really happy with what the Chevy dealer up the road told me. That its either rattle or wind noises.

Where you able to fix it, or you just found the noise?

there is a piece in door that stabilizes window wen it moves up down that has a tsb attached to it... i had noise, they lubed it twice which fixed it temporarily then they replaced that part

Hey Bobfish, Did you have that problem on a 2014? I know this was a problem on the older trucks as I had it on my 2009 Sierra and they lubed the tracks per the TSB as you say and that fixed it.

• 1 month later...

I too have noise similar to this in my 2014 Z71 LTZ Silverado. I have under 4000 miles and the most annoying noise. VERY FRUSTRATED.

Have taken everything, I mean EVERYTHING, out of the truck and still it persists. It sounds to me like the right side of the dash, or passenger door and it is vibration related. Loudest on the highway.

I have seen in other forums that it could be a mudflap that is loose and reverberating up the truck through the dash?

Heard it could be the speaker being loose itself, the door panel/window seal or something unknown behind the dash.

My local chevy dealership in Elgin, IL agreed there was noise and I have an appt set for next Monday for them to take apart the dash and search this thing out...

very unhappy so far with this deal. I love chevy and the truck looks and drives great, but a 45-50K truck should not have a noise like this. Just unreal.

Any firm solutions or data on this topic would be appreciated. I can assure you that I will post what happens at the dealer on Monday for the group.

To the land of loaner dealer vehicles, here I come....

FOUND IT. JUST BELOW THE PASSENGER SIDE DASH IS A PLASTIC SHROUD OR COVER WITH SOME ELECTRONICS IN IT. ANYHOW... THIS PLASTIC PEICE HOUSES SOME COMPONENTS AND IS HELD UP BY 2 RIVETS. WHEN YOU TAP THEM WITH YOUR OPEN HAND IT RATTLES AND MAKES THE NOISE. IF YOU PRESS UPWARDS WITH PRESSURE ON THAT PC THE RATTLE GOES AWAY WHILE DRIVING. I WAS ABLE TO WEDGE A SOCK BETWEEN THE GAP BETWEEN THIS PC AND THE PLASTIC SURROUNDING THE BACK OF THE CENTER CONSOLE. THIS HAS STOPPED THE NOISE WHILE IN MOTION ALMOST FULLY. I WILL BE ABLE TO SHOW THE DEALER AND REPLICATE IT FOR HIM ON MONDAY AND WILL TAKE SOME PICS AND LET YOU GUYS KNOW WHAT THEY DO TO FIX IT.

THANKS

Archived