Fuel Tank Size - Crew Cab with 6.5 Bed?

I agree with the rest of my Texas brothers. When you go west of Fort Worth gas stations can become scarce. And, if you're not familiar with the area you can get caught short on gas if towing. I tow a 6,000 lb 25' TT some and my three adult daughters think I'm their personal moving company. So, pull a tandom axle U-Haul occasionally. Had one daughter that went to Arizona State, so moved her back and forth from Dallas and Tempe a few times. When you get west of Abilene and you're towing better pay attention to your fuel gauge, especially when in New Mexico. For some reason their premium is only 91 octane. Anyway, the fact that GM doesn't offer a larger gas tank on their 1500's really pisses me off. And, I haven't even mentioned the problems the small tank causes when on my west Texas deer lease. I really like my 2015 6.2/8spd Silverado but I'm not married to it. GM needs to wake up.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so has anyone tested or checked the 2500/3500's with the 6'5" bed and seen if they fit on our 1500's with the 6'5" bed as well? because hypothetically there is no reason they shouldn't especially since the body's are the exact same now unless there is something drastically different in frame design which is highly unlikely

Archived