Oil filters

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PF63.

are the new oil filters from ac delco pf63e? I just got mine from dealer as almost no parts store around me had ac delco filters for my truck. the part stores told me pf63 but the one from the dealer is pf63e. which if I read correctly is the "newer" version of the other filter.

are the new oil filters from ac delco pf63e? I just got mine from dealer as almost no parts store around me had ac delco filters for my truck. the part stores told me pf63 but the one from the dealer is pf63e. which if I read correctly is the "newer" version of the other filter.

Yes PF63 has gone E now as of late last year.

yeah I know I was just triple checking before I drained the oil out of my truck.

also I lost out on a free oil change b/c I went over 24k miles before the 4th oil change came around and I forgot about the 2 years / 24k miles 4 free oil change part. oh well im running mobile 1 synthetic with the delco filter now. run that in all my gm vehicles.

The last two oil filter changes I have done my Sierra I have used a Fram Ultra XG10575 (crossover of PF63). Walmart usually has them but I get them from Amazon.com for $7.40 They are very well built filter with very good efficiency. I took one apart and posted pictures in this thread on BITOG: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3534172/Cut_open:_Used_Fram_Ultra_XG10

Archived