3.73 Rear Axle

Joe_K

Thanks for the post. I guess, because I am not interested in ordering, I am just gonna have to wait it out,,

Thanks again

Given how rare the NHT trucks were before I really think you're going to be disappointed if you wait for one to show up on a dealer lot now. Especially with the unfortunate focus on fuel economy these days most trucks will probably have 3.08s.

It depends on the dealers and who is ordering. One small town dealer I know somewhat local to me had more 6.2 powered trucks on the lot than anything else beyond diesel HDS. When I was shopping they had roughly 12 6.2 powered half tons and about half of those were NHT packages.

So now with the common 5.3 having the NHT available it wouldn't surprise me to see a lot more of them around. I would go further and venture to say the problem with the lack of NHT's was being 6.2 only honestly. A good chunk of the world doesnt even know what axle ratio they have. But having the smaller engine with a high tow rating could be very attractive. But this would be true for where I live.

It truly depends on the area and what sells.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

It depends on the dealers and who is ordering. One small town dealer I know somewhat local to me had more 6.2 powered trucks on the lot than anything else beyond diesel HDS. When I was shopping they had roughly 12 6.2 powered half tons and about half of those were NHT packages.

So now with the common 5.3 having the NHT available it wouldn't surprise me to see a lot more of them around. I would go further and venture to say the problem with the lack of NHT's was being 6.2 only honestly. A good chunk of the world doesnt even know what axle ratio they have. But having the smaller engine with a high tow rating could be very attractive. But this would be true for where I live.

It truly depends on the area and what sells.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Kinda jealous. With the help of people who could search inventory I think there were maybe 6 6.2 trucks in all of New England when I was shopping for my 2011. :lol:

Archived