Finally got my 2014 GMC Denali with the 6.2L - Anybody else?

I may be stupid (ok don’t answer that ) but my 2011 GMC SLT 6.2 did not have AFM so i guessed all 6.2’s didn’t have it. So am i safe to guess the NEW(?) ones do or mine just didn’t or they added it after 2011? Sorry for the ignorant question!?!

As of 2014 all 1/2 ton GM truck engines have afm, even the v6 4.3

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine finally came in today. White diamond, Cocoa, 6.2, sunroof. I'll try to get some pics posted tomorrow. So far I really like it. The interior sure makes my 2011 look dated. To all of you that are still waiting patiently, it's worth it! I wasn't expecting mine until sometime in December so it was a good surprise.

WOW! How is the POWER?

I will tell you once I go through a couple tank fulls, unfortunately the dealer filled it up with 87 octane in it. The 6.2L needs 91 octane to come alive. They can run with 87 but "reduced acceleration and noticeable knocking may occur" this comes directly from the owners manual.

nice. Let's see the dash

I just found out there are three themes (standard, media, technology), I will have to get some pics/video posted soon. Technology theme is my favorite.

Awesome truck. Love it. How is the power? How fast? Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

See reply above

Tell us about the 6.2's power already, we dont care about the rest

see reply above

Jc...do you know the date your truck was built?

10/1...build number is 267890 (number end of VIN)

OP, any sunroof rattle as some have reported? Congrats on nice new trk.

thanks, only 100 miles on it, no rattle, the thing is quiet inside, I mean really quiet.

The bottom line here is...I love my Denali, and I guess it gives credence to the old addage..."Good things are worth waiting for"! That's my story and I'm sitcking to it!

Ditto, congrats on getting your truck. Your color truck was my 2nd choice. Both are excellent colors and look great with the Denali grill and just enough chrome (not too much) but enough. Enjoy

Very nice, thanks for the pics!

Does yours have the pockets on the sides of the console? The pics on GMC's website shows them not being there but it looks like I can kind of see one in one of your pics. Also, could you post a pic of the integrated trailer brake area? GMC's pics never actually show one installed.

Very nice, thanks for the pics!

Does yours have the pockets on the sides of the console? The pics on GMC's website shows them not being there but it looks like I can kind of see one in one of your pics. Also, could you post a pic of the integrated trailer brake area? GMC's pics never actually show one installed.

Holy crap..those are pockets lol... I had to go out and check for my self as I had not noticed them as of yet. ..they have it so nicely designed you can't even tell they are there. They look perfect for folders/binders/papers etc...about an inch depth by folder width and height..thanks for introducing to me a new feature of my truck..:).. Btw here's a pic of the integrated break controller.

JC

sent from the galaxy - tapatalk

post-21489-138413360591_thumb.jpg

Was there a typo on build date....10-1 seems early, I thought they started production on 10-22.

Sorry 10/1 was date GM accepted order..10/12 was build date

sent from the galaxy - tapatalk

6.2L Power Update Review.

Having owned a 2010 Camaro (recently sold) with the older 6.2L (400+ HP) I can give real world seat of the pants opinion. That car was a beast (power/weight ratio) and I would grin from ear to ear every time I turned on the highway and smashed the throttle.

With that said, I about *$it my pants when I finally mashed the peddle on this truck. I know the 0-60 is not the same as the 2010 Camaro I had, but I will tell you two things:

1) When I get on the throttle, I have the same exact smile as I did with the Camaro (no kidding) as the engine comes to life and roars like it would eat anything in its path.

2) I am f'n glad I waited for the 6.2L

There are many other opinions and many technical reviews on this new vette 6.2L motor so I won't go into all that. I just have to say I am extremely impressed with the performance of this setup which is all that matters to me.

JC

6.2L Power Update Review.

Having owned a 2010 Camaro (recently sold) with the older 6.2L (400+ HP) I can give real world seat of the pants opinion. That car was a beast (power/weight ratio) and I would grin from ear to ear every time I turned on the highway and smashed the throttle.

With that said, I about *$it my pants when I finally mashed the peddle on this truck. I know the 0-60 is not the same as the 2010 Camaro I had, but I will tell you two things:

1) When I get on the throttle, I have the same exact smile as I did with the Camaro (no kidding) as the engine comes to life and roars like it would eat anything in its path.

2) I am f'n glad I waited for the 6.2L

There are many other opinions and many technical reviews on this new vette 6.2L motor so I won't go into all that. I just have to say I am extremely impressed with the performance of this setup which is all that matters to me.

JC

Great now you just made me want the LTZ with the 6.2 and Max Trailer I ordered all the more. Hoping GM decides to build mine sometime soon. I used to giggle like a school girl every time I got after my old LBZ Duramax the only downside was it ate tires pretty quick :jester:

Archived