Seatbelt chime disable

sdowdy

Hell, I'd be happy if people followed the little known law of keep right except to pass. That would save a lot of road rage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hell, I'd be happy if people followed the little known law of keep right except to pass. That would save a lot of road rage.

Pffft, don't get me started... and while I'm driving in the left lane with no seatbelt, I can text with confidence now that I have lane departure. :)

Thanks Karnut for starting another topic that will get picketed by people who pay taxes for all lanes.

Pffft, don't get me started... and while I'm driving in the left lane with no seatbelt, I can text with confidence now that I have lane departure. :)

Thanks Karnut for starting another topic that will get picketed by people who pay taxes for all lanes.

Im always happy to help.[emoji85][emoji86][emoji87]

Just got these and they work like a charm. Any time we r in the woods or on the farm we click them in. Now I can be on the phone running across the field without the stupid chime. Thank you for sharing these.

I think that is actually a very practical item. I always wear my seatbelt but there are times when something like that would come in very handy.

Just got these and they work like a charm. Any time we r in the woods or on the farm we click them in. Now I can be on the phone running across the field without the stupid chime. Thank you for sharing these.

What I love about forums in general(and this one is no exception) is how someone can ask a question and many people clog it up with pages of useless info lecturing them. It's simple, they asked question, if you don't know it or don't have anything productive towards getting the answer then keep it to yourself.

It's like if started a thread with a title pertaining to tinting my front window. I know without a doubt at least 85% of the replies would be telling me about the law or safety concerns as if I am not aware.

But hey, I'm clogging this thread up now also by not even talking about the topic.

What I love about forums in general(and this one is no exception) is how someone can ask a question and many people clog it up with pages of useless info lecturing them.

Internet hypocrisy, get used to it lol. That 1% of law abiding citizens, 100% to the book, never do anything wrong,have flooded the internets!

Wait...The forums I mean...lol

Internet hypocrisy, get used to it lol. That 1% of law abiding citizens, 100% to the book, never do anything wrong,have flooded the internets!

Wait...The forums I mean...lol

Yeah I know it's nothing new, just been thinking it for awhile and for some reason felt inclined to say something lol

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wear my belt while moving religiously..... but when I get in I start it first to warm the engine,fluids,etc. while I get my wallet out, remove my coat(cold days), find the station I want that day..... then just before I put it in gear I put it on. Now I have to listen to an ear piercing tone while I do those thing's, a few of which are hard to do with a belt on. I may do this unhook the plug thing. Sounds like a good fix to the issue. I can see no way that it would affect the air bags. Yes your air bags are hardly a perfect line of defense without your belt. But they still have to deploy. Seatbelt clicked or not.

There is NO reason for them to make you put your belt on just because it's running... a warning if it's not plugged in when it's put in gear is more than enough and can be as annoying as they want it to be then. That's where the dummy plugs would be great for low speed needs.

I'm amused by this thread, because I find that these trucks just give a gentle reminder, and then quits. Easy to ignore, if the situation warrants -- or if that's your preference.

While I can cotton to the idea of having the seat belt on when operating down a road, it is not practical to do it when out on a farm/ranch checking things and having to get in and out of the pickup frequently. I don't need a seat belt on to drive 5-10 mph checking a fence line, and because of that, having that stupid chiming nonsense going on. Same deal for construction pickups and others. We have dummied down and nannied ourselves to the point where we get all kinds of this goofy stuff thrown at us, with the added insult that we had to pay for it. And the idea that government cares for our safety is just a ruse. I am old enough and have seen enough to know that is one of the biggest lies foisted on folks.

And that gentle reminder you mention and then quits..... yeah, each and every time you get in and out of the pickup and put it in gear. Which can happen a heck of a lot of times in just a mile of checking things on the property. To me, it is a gentle reminder of how I get taken to the cleaners nowadays when I buy a vehicle, having to pay for stuff that I have no use for nor do I want.

I have been recently looking at some older restored pickups with the possibility of getting one. Pretty pricey, but the fun will be driving past all those LEO's and not having a seat belt on, because there were none in something like a 1962 C10. I would even be temped to put a sticker in the back window saying "I am not wearing a seat belt" just to press those LEO buttons.

• 4 weeks later...

I just bought a 2017 Silverado 1500. I'm assuming locating and disconnecting the plug will work on the newer 1500's? Anyone actually have luck locating the seat belt plug near the driver seat buckle and unplugging it with success?

I have yet to get under the seat and look, but can't imagine they've made it easy to access without removing the seat or center console.

Most auto manufactures have a sequence of buckling/unbuckling, cutting engine/starting ignition.... to deactivate the seat belt warning. I'm shocked Chevrolet does not have this.

Agreed: in the woods, on the farm, hunting... all at extremely low speeds, no traffic and multiple times in and out of the vehicle warrant a fix to this issue.

Archived