Seatbelt chime disable

sdowdy

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just bought one of these:

http://www.seatbeltextenderpros.com/chevrolet-silverado-seat-belt-extender/

(pick the 3" rigid extension)

It works pretty well but I would still rather have a way to disable the chime altogether ...

Thanks, sk. Yes agreed this a good solution if you plan to not use the seat belt for an extended period of time.

Like you, disabling the chime altogether is a preferred solution, as to not require any additional hardware or swapping out the extender for the seat belt once I return to the road. Seems it's only wishful thinking at this point...

Thanks, sk. Yes agreed this a good solution if you plan to not use the seat belt for an extended period of time.

Like you, disabling the chime altogether is a preferred solution, as to not require any additional hardware or swapping out the extender for the seat belt once I return to the road. Seems it's only wishful thinking at this point...

You could just let the extender installed. If you buy the one I linked to they meet tough code requirements so you know they are not a cheap Chinese knockoff. The only problem is sometimes I unclick the "original" buckle then the extender retracts with the seatbelt and hits the B-Pillar :banghead:

You could just let the extender installed. If you buy the one I linked to they meet tough code requirements so you know they are not a cheap Chinese knockoff. The only problem is sometimes I unclick the "original" buckle then the extender retracts with the seatbelt and hits the B-Pillar :banghead:

Good point. I may have to go with the extender. Seems like the best option apart from the nonexistent chime disablement.

I just bought one of these:

http://www.seatbeltextenderpros.com/chevrolet-silverado-seat-belt-extender/

(pick the 3" rigid extension)

It works pretty well but I would still rather have a way to disable the chime altogether ...

That's a great idea. I usually get all my stuff set and then buckle before turning the Ing. What sucks is doing work and leaving the door open or wanting the radio on and then the chime keeps going. The winch rigid looks like it's out of the way a good semisolution. May have to get this ..Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=f6PHbZUh2xs

Edit:. Just chatted with them. They are out of Atlanta,Ga

• 9 months later...

Archived