Seatbelt chime disable

sdowdy

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't you have wanted the bags to deploy at 55mph anyways?? The switches are simple open or closed. I have unplugged mine too on my '15.

With what, no seatbelt on? So you can go through the windshield and not be restrained by the belt system? The airbag is just gonna maybe save your pretty face if you are lucky. I know opinions are like a$$wholes everyone has one but wtf is wrong with just wearing the damn thing?

Oh I'm sorry...ya'll must be expert drivers out there. And nobody else making a mistake can hit you right?

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/remembering-dale-earnhardt-on-the-anniversary-of-his-stunning-death-at-daytona-021815

I'll just drop this here. Just remember...safety devices save(d) (or could have for past situations) lives...

On open road trips, when I'm just by myself and a dog, often my dog will come up from the back seat and lay on the front passenger seat. The chime will eventually time out, but it's annoying for a while.

I saw on eBay an extension kind of thing. But, it would stop the chime since it will always be clicked in the factory seatbelt and still allow you to use the seatbelt when you do need it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PM-3mm-Steel-Seat-Belt-Strap-Buckle-Safety-Extender-Warning-Alarm-Stopper-Insert-/151593973013?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item234bb47515&vxp=mtr

Then on the other hand you can actually be safe and follow the law and just wear the seatbelt.

I never wear my seat belt... with that said, the chime sounds once after I get going (never paid attention to the time frame) and it never sounds again. Unless I see an officer on patrol and slip it on and then unbuckle it again while moving and it will chime when its unbuckled and again only chimes once alittle bit later. I've never unplugged anything.

I wouldn't unplug anything. The air bags WILL deploy even if the seat belt is not buckled. Luckily, I haven't had to check that as of right now in my 2014 but I can assure you with 100% certainty that one of my previous truck's air bags deployed while I was not wearing a seat belt and had a woman turn right in front of me and we had an awesome head on collision at 55 MPH.

I for one will say it...

This day in age, what with all that's been learned. Not wearing a seat belt when driving an automobile is just plain stupid and ignorant behavior. Grow up! That kind of attitude is going to cost you someday.

And, please tell us what's awesome about having a head-on collision at 55 MPH?

I for one will say it...

This day in age, what with all that's been learned. Not wearing a seat belt when driving an automobile is just plain stupid and ignorant behavior. Grow up! That kind of attitude is going to cost you someday.

And, please tell us what's awesome about having a head-on collision at 55 MPH?

You for one are welcome to pucker up on my right cheek. Grow up? Stupid and ignorant behaviour?? Are you f'ing serious. My driving record indicates as long as YOU keep your YOUR shit in YOUR lane I'm the least of YOUR worries. If wearing a seat belt makes you feel safer, knock yourself out. But you need to go feed your unicorn if you think wearing it makes you a better or a more responsible or even a more experienced driver than someone who "chooses" not to... So save your fingertips for threads you can actually post something constructive on. Obviously, this ain't one of em.

You for one are welcome to pucker up on my right cheek. Grow up? Stupid and ignorant behaviour?? Are you f'ing serious. My driving record indicates as long as YOU keep your YOUR shit in YOUR lane I'm the least of YOUR worries. If wearing a seat belt makes you feel safer, knock yourself out. But you need to go feed your unicorn if you think wearing it makes you a better or a more responsible or even a more experienced driver than someone who "chooses" not to... So save your fingertips for threads you can actually post something constructive on. Obviously, this ain't one of em.

Just because you trust yourself with driving (which I do also) doesn't stop the dumba**es and idiots that can't drive yet still found a way to get a license to get in a wreck with you. Especially in bad weather I take in account of other people instead of just myself. I park on the street but whenever we have winter weather or it's a certain night where I know people will get crazy (like July 4th, Halloween and so on) Ill park the truck in the front yard so nobody messes with it.

I'm not going to try to be like someone's dad and tell someone (especially an adult) what they should or shouldn't do, but use some common sense. Plus to me it literally only takes 1 second to put on and they're adjustable enough now so they're usually not uncomfortable. I don't even feel mine on so why not.

Anyone know how to disable the seatbelt reminder chime and/or the door open with key in the ignition chime?

I find the 2014 more annoying than the older models.

Thanks to the OP for asking these 2 questions. Thanks for toftt cause I was wondering about the seat belts too. Can't stand having the gubmint trying to make money off me with all these stupid laws (Perhaps they should outlaw motorcycles for the rider's own good)? If I wanna poke around town or down a slow residential street and, "risk my safety" that should be my business.

As to the OP's other question, is there a way to muffle or shut off that disturbingly loud ignition key chime? I like listening to the radio or charging my phone as well with the door open (accessory "on"), therefore just pulling the key and putting it back in won't do.

In case the question has not been answered. The chime tone is generated by the speakers. There is no separate buzzer or chime. It requires modifying the calibration in one of the control modules; likely the EBCM.

• 4 months later...

Door alarm: Push the door latch in two clicks with your finger or pen. I figured this out when I went to the drive-inn movies. The door chime is definitely a little obnoxious.

Seat belt alarm: I'm a firefighter and I have been on some disturbing calls so I always wear my seatbelt... But if you really want to have a closed casket funeral, I assume you can go to a junk yard and cut one out for cheap.

If you type 'seat belt alarm stopper' in eBay you'll get ones that click in where the belt would usually go and are pretty much unnoticeable when in use. Ordered 2 for the front seats and have used them for years without issue. Easily pop out so when you want to use the seat belt like normal you'll be free to do so. The seat belt extenders that other users are recommending I could only assume do the same thing but they stick out too much for my taste. I considered playing with the wires but like other users pointed out I did not want to risk altering the function of the airbags in anyway.

Archived