Seatbelt chime disable

sdowdy

follow the instructions on here to unplug the sensor between the seats...i did it the day i got my truck. it works and it turns the light on the dash off. enjoy the results of what u want to do in your truck.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those are the exact ones I was talking about in my post. Have them, they work and they're small/discreet.

The chime on mine doesn't bother me much. Most other vehicles chime for a lot longer and at a louder volume than my sierra.

Have you turned the chime volume down in your settings? That may help with the annoyance.

I would love to be able to disable the key sensor alarm.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Count me in among those who'd like to know how to tone down the door-open chime. It's a real pain.

It's hard to believe that there are still those who are determined to behave against their own self-interest (in lots of ways, actually) by not doing something as simple as wearing a seat belt. Every car manufacturer will tell you unequivocally that airbags *require* seat belts to work properly. I live in an area that has a few major highways. Hardly a day goes by without a newspaper story, with pics, of someone who has rolled, or been rolled in, their vehicle. I'd estimate that 1/4 of those stories include the words "ejected from vehicle" and "dead", where the other 3/4 show a vehicle Tango Uniform whose occupants have gotten out, lots of times on their own, with nothing more than bruises and scratches. I wonder what the difference could be..... Hmmmmmmm.

You have to keep in mind many of us use these "trucks" offroad. You aren't reading newspaper stories about people who crashed at 10 MPH driving accross their cowpasture who would have been saved if only they had worn their seatbelt....

Thanks to the OP for asking these 2 questions. Thanks for toftt cause I was wondering about the seat belts too. Can't stand having the gubmint trying to make money off me with all these stupid laws (Perhaps they should outlaw motorcycles for the rider's own good)? If I wanna poke around town or down a slow residential street and, "risk my safety" that should be my business.

As to the OP's other question, is there a way to muffle or shut off that disturbingly loud ignition key chime? I like listening to the radio or charging my phone as well with the door open (accessory "on"), therefore just pulling the key and putting it back in won't do.

I wear my seatbelt. I understand the benefits of it, I understand that they are a necessary part of a restraint system that is 'aided' by the airbags (and airbags alone can seriously injure you), but I do not feel that the government has the right to force me to use a protective system that benefits no one but myself.

States that require the use of a helmet on a motorcycle are exacting the same level of "over control" - force the rider to wear eye protection becaue their being able to see is paramount to their being able to safely operate their motorcycle. How does their wearing a helmet make it safer for everyone else on the road? It's the exact same argument for seatbelts.

Why are there brake lights and directionals? So -other- drivers are informed of what I'm doing behind the wheel and their experience is safer as a result. What benefit are the seatbelts to OTHERS on the road? Zero. Forcing me to wear a seatbelt gives insurance companies an out for covering medical expenses and such, allows police forces to generate revenue, and does NOTHING for anyone on the road outside of my own vehicle. I am not safer on the road becuase YOU wear your seatbelt.

I should have to put up with beeping, dinging, muted audio, flashing lights, or any of the other stupid things that manufacturers have built into the cars as a way to force me to wear my belts. What about those driving through NH? The seatbelt laws there were pretty lax - only for under 18, and only in the front seat. Why did I have to tolerate all the "warnings" when I lived there and was under no obligation to wear my belt ever?

I want to reiterate - I WEAR MY SEATBELT. I understand the benefit to me, and also understand you don't plan for an accident to happen (ask me how I know).

There are fuses to control whether your accessory outlets are switched or always on. For the radio, you can get 10 minutes at a time with just a power button press and no key (it also happens to enable the BT as well).

Count me in among those who'd like to know how to tone down the door-open chime. It's a real pain.

It's hard to believe that there are still those who are determined to behave against their own self-interest (in lots of ways, actually) by not doing something as simple as wearing a seat belt. Every car manufacturer will tell you unequivocally that airbags *require* seat belts to work properly. I live in an area that has a few major highways. Hardly a day goes by without a newspaper story, with pics, of someone who has rolled, or been rolled in, their vehicle. I'd estimate that 1/4 of those stories include the words "ejected from vehicle" and "dead", where the other 3/4 show a vehicle Tango Uniform whose occupants have gotten out, lots of times on their own, with nothing more than bruises and scratches. I wonder what the difference could be..... Hmmmmmmm.

For "toning it down", look to the Settings, Vehicle area. There's a volume control for the chime.

I feel the same way about the laws that require personal protection. I guess we're still entitled to "feel" however we want. Big Brother hasn't taken that away ... yet. But they have gotten to the point you can't tell people how you feel, at least in some cases.

How about when you use your truck on a construction site guys. I'm religious about belts. But driving around my large job site at 5-10mph it's annoying. My '07 F250 had a program feature to turn the alarm off below a certain speed, IIRC something like 15mph. IE- construction use. No way in H**LL I would drive around normally w/out a belt. I'd like my F250 chime disable feature though for my job site. IE- Program it to STFU below 15mph. This is where I think Ford does a better job on their trucks cattering to the construction guys. I don't think any of GM's 13 million miles of testing were on a large job site.

I had the service department reprogram a couple of features for my on my 2011 Tundra before I took delivery of it (bought it new). The Federal laws basically require that there be "a warning" device to notify you that you are not wearing your belt - the flashing person in the dash qualifies, so I had them mute the alarm chime for the belts. I could drive around all day if I wanted to and would never hear a single chirp from the truck.

Funny... I still always wore my belt. Huh. Imagine that.

Ah, I love these stupid threads - the ones that identify all the stupid people. This is just like all the helmet/no helmet arguments on the biker sites.

Yes, people should have a right to choose for themselves whether to be safe. But the problem is that it's public roads, and there are laws for a reason. Your ability to control your vehicle during an accident is impaired if you don't wear your seat belt. If you are thrown from the drivers position while your vehicle is still moving, how will you control it? When your "rights" start to impact other people, you lose some freedoms. Don't like it - don't drive on public roads.

Archived