remote start question

hokiez

No lights when started by remote.

When the ignition is turned on the heater will shut off (and you will need to push the button to restart the heater).

Edited by redwngr

• 3 weeks later...

You kids and your fancy gadgets I just walk my ass outside and turn the key lmao

Sent from your truck

My toddler freaks out (not always, but sometimes) when I walk out the door just to go start the car/truck, so having remote start is super handy to be able to get the vehicle running, while putting on his coat/shoes/etc., all the while avoiding a (completely unnecessary) melt-down! :)

And I'm looking forward to the OnStar app, so I can start my truck from my work office. It's the better part of a ~5 minute walk out to the parking lot, so why not let the truck warm up a little during the cold winter months??? :D This will probably be one of my favourite features of the new truck!! :)

• Like 1

No lights when started by remote.

When the ignition is turned on the heater will shut off (and you will need to push the button to restart the heater).

The parking lights come on and if you leave the truck in Auto you don't have to turn the heat back on when you insert the key. You will have to turn the seat heat back on and the steering wheel heat will not activate on remote start.

I use the app more then the key fob. My office is located to far away from where I park.

Mike

The parking lights come on and if you leave the truck in Auto you don't have to turn the heat back on when you insert the key. You will have to turn the seat heat back on and the steering wheel heat will not activate on remote start.

I use the app more then the key fob. My office is located to far away from where I park.

Mike

The post was only about the heated seats and the light for the heated seats.

• 4 weeks later...

Is anybody else having issues with remotelink. I get that it takes a minute or so to send the command, but sometimes it will say your vehicle is now running and in reality it isn't. Then sometimes it says could not start vehicle but there it sits in the driveway running. It's a great app but seems to be possessed. My dashboard has been stuck on the same numbers for three weeks. I love it, just hope it quits messing with me soon. Ten years ago would you of ever thought your phone would start your car.

Is anybody else having issues with remotelink. I get that it takes a minute or so to send the command, but sometimes it will say your vehicle is now running and in reality it isn't. Then sometimes it says could not start vehicle but there it sits in the driveway running. It's a great app but seems to be possessed. My dashboard has been stuck on the same numbers for three weeks. I love it, just hope it quits messing with me soon. Ten years ago would you of ever thought your phone would start your car.

Same thing here, I think that is the way the app works, it takes a while for it to send the signal. That's why I rather use the key fob if the truck is close by than the app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Onstar app will work as long as you have service or Internet connection and will work no matter the distance.Tell me more please,Are you saying to download a onstar app to phone to call vehicle and start it?

You can use all the features in the app as long as you subscribed to OnStar. If you cancel your membership the only thing that will work in the app is the page that have the remote start/cancel, horn-on/off, etc. You just have to use the app one time while you subscribed and you can keep using those features if you unsubscribe later down the road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

Anyone know how to re activate the remote start function after driving? I stop at stores a lot for a pop and like to leave my truck running with out needing to leave the keys in it. My last truck had an after market viper system and I could hold the remote start button and then get out and lock the truck leaving it running. Someone help please..