Front License Plate Filler and Rear Seat Belt Comfort Guides

Mine came with one and it was the first thing I took off. Sucks they drilled into the bumper so I now have two holes that annoy the crap outta me. Now the black plate mount is sitting in my garage

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine came with one and it was the first thing I took off. Sucks they drilled into the bumper so I now have two holes that annoy the crap outta me. Now the black plate mount is sitting in my garage

You mean they drilled through the filler panel to mount a front plate?

You mean they drilled through the filler panel to mount a front plate?

Pretty common for dealer's to drill through the front plastic to mount screws along the top of plate. What they don't realize is 2014+ GMC's are designed now to hold the plate with bottom two screws and not the top! Grrrr

Pretty common for dealer's to drill through the front plastic to mount screws along the top of plate. What they don't realize is 2014+ GMC's are designed now to hold the plate with bottom two screws and not the top! Grrrr

Wow that's funny and sad all at the same time.

I live in PA for now and bought my truck in Ohio (a front plate state) and mine didn't come with a panel. I called my salesman a couple days later and the next day he had one in the mail for me.

IMG_20140401_163334805_HDR_zpskyjf4djn.j

Here is what it looks like after I removed the front license plate holder

post-127339-0-93180000-1397006483_thumb.jpg

Here is what it looks like after I removed the front license plate holder

I was referring to the black plastic trim above your holes where they often drill on the Sierra's. On GMC it's not necessary to hold on plate.

For your Silvy, it seems like the middle or upper plastics are required drilled mounting points to add a plate bracket.. just sucks they drilled yours.

90% of owners don't care about holes, so likely GM & dealers don't either. American car co's just don't have that attention to detail the majority of their rivals possess.

I know that its not perfect but these will really make it look a hell of a lot better.... Just buy a little color match touch up paint if the holes are in a painted section of the bumper.

13935795-6709-4909-8178-a1eae0eb846d_400

This is the reason these Bumper Plugs guys are in business. Although there is not a big selection for GM, they have told me in the past (for another project) to contact them and they would hook me up. I know this may be a lot of $$ for a couple of plugs, but they do look better than holes.

http://www.bumperplugs.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=1_11

Archived