Exact differences between Z71 package ?

8thsense

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Z71 CC has aluminum. I am wondering if anyone has tried separating the upper ball joint on these aluminum knuckles? (for strut removal for leveling kit) I always just beat the steel ones till it popped out, thinking this would not be good idea on the aluminum. :-/

• 2 years later...

I just baught a 2011 Silverado 1500 with the Z71 on the side. But the rear shocks don't look like they were white Rancho ones. I quess they could of been changed but the truck only has 63000 miles on it.

The exact differences in the Z71 package are listed on the Chevy website:

MSRP from $42,480

Feature highlights of the Silverado 1500 trim:

LT Z71 includes all LT features, with the addition or substitution of:

• Z71 Off-Road Suspension with Rancho® monotube shocks
  • Underbody transfer case shield
  • Hill Descent Control
  • Trailering Package
  • Body-color door headlamp bezels and grille-surround with chrome lower bumper
  • 18-inch bright machined-aluminum wheels and all-terrain tires
  • Black recovery hooks
  • LED foglamps
  • Z71 Appearance Package (brushed-metal Z71 doorsill plate, unique gauge cluster and unique finish interior trim plates)
  • Heavy-duty automatic locking rear differential

and someone mentioned that the heavy towing package was not available.......mine has the optional trailer braking, 3:42 rear and the tranny oil cooling radiator.

The exact differences in the Z71 package are listed on the Chevy website:

MSRP from $42,480

Feature highlights of the Silverado 1500 trim:

LT Z71 includes all LT features, with the addition or substitution of:

• Z71 Off-Road Suspension with Rancho® monotube shocks
  • Underbody transfer case shield
  • Hill Descent Control
  • Trailering Package
  • Body-color door headlamp bezels and grille-surround with chrome lower bumper
  • 18-inch bright machined-aluminum wheels and all-terrain tires
  • Black recovery hooks
  • LED foglamps
  • Z71 Appearance Package (brushed-metal Z71 doorsill plate, unique gauge cluster and unique finish interior trim plates)
  • Heavy-duty automatic locking rear differential

and someone mentioned that the heavy towing package was not available.......mine has the optional trailer braking and the tranny oil cooling radiator.

What a Z71 can't be ordered with the the tow mirrors and towing ratio differential. It can have the integrated braking control.

All trucks now have the 'external engine oil cooler', and all 5.3's get the 'auxiliary external trans oil cooler'

Back in 2011 the Rancho shocks were part of the additional Z71 appearance package which added body color trim and a few other things. Your aren't missing anything. The "branded" shocks truck makers use are almost always junk and not based on a real model that shock company actually sells retail.

I just baught a 2011 Silverado 1500 with the Z71 on the side. But the rear shocks don't look like they were white Rancho ones. I quess they could of been changed but the truck only has 63000 miles on it.

I just traded my '11 extended cab Z71 in for a '16 double cab Z71 and both have the identicle (looking at least) white Rancho shocks so I'm guessing yours we're replaced.

As mentioned, however, they aren't really great shock so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

post-165233-0-94795400-1479409367_thumb.jpg

From the Chevrolet Website:

Z71® Appearance Off-Road Package This available option includes the following features:

• 46mm high-pressure gas-charged shocks
  • A 36mm front stabilizer bar
  • Off-road jounce bumpers to absorb large suspension inputs
  • Under body transfer case shield
  • High-capacity air cleaner
  • Z71 badge and decals
  • Unique gauge cluster, lower bumper appearance, interior trim plates and grill design
  • Brushed metal Z71 door sill plate
  • Hill descent control
  • Trailering Package, locking differential and 18” Bright Machined wheels on LT
  • 18” Bright Machined wheels on LTZ

I looked for a LT Z71 because I knew it would have a locking diff, And imho the 14/15 Z71 grill is the best looking.

Agreed!! Love the color matched grille, but when I try building a new 6.2 online with color matched bumper it makes me delete the Max Tow package? What a bunch of B.S.

I looked for a LT Z71 because I knew it would have a locking diff, And imho the 14/15 Z71 grill is the best looking.

G80 is std on all LTZ and HC

Std with LT z71

Included with- Included with (NHT) Max Trailering Package, (PDA) Texas Edition, (PDU) All Star Edition or (Z82) Trailering Package on LT non z71

Included with Z82 trailering package on the lower trims.

Archived