Exact differences between Z71 package ?

8thsense

Anyone know the exact additions for the z71 package? I have read and searched all the listed differences but finding some things that I have not heard about.

Gm touts the aluminum control arms but mine are steel on my z71 (verified with a magnet). So that add 41lbs per GM . I have seen some articles saying the z71 bed has some composite parts to save weight as well ?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it was only some crew cab 4x4 models with the short 5' 8" bed, and Regular cab 4x4 models with the standard 6' 6" bed.

I'm wondering if that doesn't apply to Z71 model though since yours is a crew cab (4x4 with the short bed). So maybe its only NON-z71 models.

My AT Crew Cab has AL control arms as well. I like that especially cuz they won't RUST

My dad's crewcab 5'8" bed LTZ Z71 has aluminum.

I have the 5-8 bed, LTZ 2WD with z71 package and heavy steel control arms:) I guess I may go to the the dealer and ask them WTF, unless we can verify that steel may come on the Z71. Unless the 2013 uses the same control arms, dont see why they would make 2 different arms for a 1/2 ton truck 2wd.

You get the black plastic grill with chrome accents vs all chrome, you get a skid plate, you get the Z71 sticker, and you get rancho shocks. Personally I think you need to look over both with and without on paper and in person before going with the Z71. its not what it once was and a waste of money for a lot of nothing. The appearance is no longer anything different as well as function.

One thing I noticed on the LTZ Z71 I test drove was that it had aluminum like door and center console trim vs the plastic fake wood in the standard LTZ. Unfortunately Z71 is not an option for me as it isn't available with the Max Towing package. When mine gets here I will be swapping out the door trim (bench seat so no center console trim) as I cannot stand the fake wood.

Craig

One thing I noticed on the LTZ Z71 I test drove was that it had aluminum like door and center console trim vs the plastic fake wood in the standard LTZ. Unfortunately Z71 is not an option for me as it isn't available with the Max Towing package. When mine gets here I will be swapping out the door trim (bench seat so no center console trim) as I cannot stand the fake wood.

Craig

Right that is one thing to note. You can not get Z71 with max tow as thats what I got to on my LT that I ordered and now have. I really planned on going in there and ordering a Z71 but after looking at it, and see what you got and the price I really started leaning towards not getting it, then I was told that I couldnt and probably the best choice somebody could have made for me.

My 2014 SLT Z71 has painted steel control arms. I do not see any mention of control arms in the brochure. Z71 Off-Road Suspension Package Includes monotube Rancho® shocks, Z71 chrome side emblems, high-capacity air cleaner, Hill Descent Control, underbody transfer case shield on 4WD models. I am okay with the package for 430.00

Archived