Siri Eyes-Free

I read an article yesterday about the future of GM vehicles & technology. It said that in 2015 some GM models will have a gizmo that connects to AT&T that makes the whole car or truck a hot spot. That is actually available now on some models. It's on the GMC website where you can build your own vehicle but when the link is clicked, it refers to some other vehicle...not sure if it is actually available on the Sierra. I think it's a $500+ option. Some cellular carriers have a similar device that plugs into a cigarette lighter creating a hot spot.

On a related topic, I hope that Apple changes their stupid policy that doesn't allow their products to work with the Pandora & Stitcher apps via bluetooth. I will have spent over six figures on GM vehicles in 6 months by the my truck arrives & can't use them as intended because of Apple's policy.

I have been able to listen to Pandora via Bluetooth using the Media selection. You have to press Media twice to filter between Ipod and Pandora (or Youtube etc.)
Maybe with an Android or something else, but with an Apple device? I don't think so..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Also known as iOS in the car (Apple's name for it). I'm not holding my breath that GM will bring this to the existing trucks but would love to see it happen.They have a history of once it's out the factory door they won't upgrade an existing system. They will however, be glad to sell you a 2015.

Archived