Can I put a plow on a 2014 silverado 1500

No issues what so ever. I used it twice in the past week or so here in MA. Worked great.

It was only a couple of inches so I wanted to wait for more before I uploaded a video of the new truck plowing. Hopefully we will get more snow soon.

I'm going through this too. What is the max weight for a plow that can be on a 2014 1500 sierra with a plow package. with the price of todays trucks.... would a plow on a new truck without a plow package installed void warranty? Also has anyone ever tried sno way plows with down pressure ?

According to GM, 40lbs of permanent hardware (mounts) and 500lbs plow.

According to GM, 40lbs of permanent hardware (mounts) and 500lbs plow.

They must have used those weights intentionally....

Any practical plow won't meet those weights.

I wonder if the 4.3 weights 40lbs less than the 5.3? Therefore making a 5.3 excessively heavy front ended?

There are limited choices.

- 22 or 26 series Snoway

- Boss Sport Duty (both widths)

- Fisher HTS and possibly Fisher SD.

- Western HTS

- Blizzard Sport Utility and 7600LT / 8000LT

They must have used those weights intentionally....

Any practical plow won't meet those weights.

I wonder if the 4.3 weights 40lbs less than the 5.3? Therefore making a 5.3 excessively heavy front ended?

Those weights applied to the previous truck as well.

Boss had a 14 with a larger plow on it in front of their factory last time I drove by.... maybe they're engineering something.... I still find it funny that all I grew up plowing with were half tons. No one had a 3/4 ton "personal" truck. Now the damn 1/2 tons cost so much, the HD's even more and you never can get the same incentives or financing on the HD's..... By the time you pay more for the truck and put the plow on you're talking upwards of 10 grand to plow snow and the ride is no where near as good as the 1/2 ton..

• 1 month later...

I have seen several 2014's CC 1500 running around here with plows on them. Even seen a new one sitting at the local Chevy dealer. The ones I seen appear to be Western or Boss.

Anyone with a plow on a '14 Silverado (Z71 5.3 crew cab) experience the engine running hot with the plow on just going down the highway?

very common problem. the way air moves over the blade actually sucks hot air out of the engine going forward. if you have the auto climate control it will screw with that too. putting the truck in tow haul mode seems to help, i think it turns on extra fans. i usually don't see issues going slow it's at highway speed i have issues. i try to run the blade as low to the ground as possible and only slightly turn to one side. keep an eye on trans temp and coolant temp. if either one gets too high just pull over and drop the blade to the ground for 2-3 minutes.

Spider hows the truck holding up?

Getting a lot of use out of it this year. No issues. We are getting dumped on at the moment with around 10-14 inches expected. This will be the biggest amount so far for this truck. I will see if I can post a video plowing the larger storm.

I too have had a couple of over hearting issues that I did not experience with the same plow on my 08 AV. You really have to play with the height/angle of the plow and stay below say 55mph. I am thinking of installing an aux fan on a switch to make it easier.

You think the plow package would take care of overheating issues. My older chevy had a heavy duty clutch fan that was suppose to come on sooner . I have a 2013chevy 3500HD with fisher plow,so far I can go 55 mph with no problems. it has the plow package. plowking

• 5 months later...

I'm getting a plow installed on my 2014 Silverado 5.3 / 3.08, 1500 Z71 Double Cab next week.

Since I have a plow dealer relatively close to me, I chose the Sno-Way 26 Series 7'-6" with optional down pressure, shoes and wireless control. Still debating if I want to get the deflector for the top of the blade or not - I can always put that on later myself if I want I guess.

I ordered the steel blade @ about 500 lbs vs the poly blade as the poly seemed flimsy to me and only weighs about 15 lbs less. Total cost installed with tax $5195.00.

I'll only use it for my own plowing, which is about a mile of a mile worth of driveway and road.

After a few months of diligently investigating which plow would suit me best, I decided on Sno-Way for the wireless control, then I got the plow dealer's reccomendation, then I asked 2 different GM dealers their opinion - and they both said I would have no problems and no warranty issues unless I do something stupid with my $40k toy - which ain't gonna happen.

They all said pretty much the same thing that Nationalminer84 said above, namely that it used to be the 1500s were what most folks used to plow snow - and that these days, 1500s are more than robust enough to handle what I will use it for and will actually do a fine job should I decide to do some commercial plowing, which I have no intention of doing.

Since I couldn't find much info on late model 1500s with plows or 1500s plowing snow, I will either post here or start a thread about this adventure after I actually get the plow installed.

Archived