Can I put a plow on a 2014 silverado 1500

Yes, in fact I just had my Fisher HT moved from my 08 Avalanche to my 2014 Crew LTZ/Z71 on Monday. I basically do 3 driveway and my small business lot. My avalanche did it easily so I don't expect any issues with this truck. The suspension drop is very little (1/2") when the plow is up so no other mods are needed, about the same as my AV. The installer did an Ok job! I need to clean it up a little.

I like th HT (ie half ton unit) as it's all steel, but lighter. It uses a hydraulic lock system for back dragging in front of garages that works well. Other light plows just ride on top of hath snow compacting it.

There is a vid of my plowing with my AV on YouTube as the AV forum wanted to see it in th past.

Yes, in fact I just had my Fisher HT moved from my 08 Avalanche to my 2014 Crew LTZ/Z71 on Monday. I basically do 3 driveway and my small business lot. My avalanche did it easily so I don't expect any issues with this truck. The suspension drop is very little (1/2") when the plow is up so no other mods are needed, about the same as my AV. The installer did an Ok job! I need to clean it up a little.

I like th HT (ie half ton unit) as it's all steel, but lighter. It uses a hydraulic lock system for back dragging in front of garages that works well. Other light plows just ride on top of hath snow compacting it.

There is a vid of my plowing with my AV on YouTube as the AV forum wanted to see it in th past.

I watched that video before, put up some pics of the new truck and plow.

• 2 weeks later...

I have yet to really drive with it. On my AV it would if I did not adjust the plow correctly, if you lower the plow a little and/or angle it may allow more airflow through. That was my experience but I have really only driven about 20 mins with it on a highway. I had no issues plowing driveways etc with overheating.

I actually thought about putting in an auxiliary fan on a switch.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going through this too. What is the max weight for a plow that can be on a 2014 1500 sierra with a plow package. with the price of todays trucks.... would a plow on a new truck without a plow package installed void warranty? Also has anyone ever tried sno way plows with down pressure ?

I installed but I know the risks as I did when I installed on my 2008 avalanche. If you damage the truck due to plowing, it will not be covered. That does not mean unrelated warranty service will not be covered.

I had several unrelated warranty/service issues completed by my dealer on my AV with out issue. I plow 3 driveways and my small business lot. I have a fisher HT installed (I would not get a homesteader plow) which has hydraulic lock (used for back dragging). Works fairly well. Its specifically made for this size truck. Front end drops by 1/2 inch when the plow is up. Actually, I used it for the first time today actually.

I drove the truck w/plow for over an hour on the highway 55+ with no issue with overheating. Its all about adjusting the plow correctly. I keep it about mid height which allows for adequate airflow.

I wouldn't put a plow on a 1500 for two reasons.

1. suspension issues (even with a plow prep package)

2. wear and tear on power train.

GM makes the best 2500's for a reason i'd but one of these if you want to plow even if just for personal use. We use the 2500's at work and with the duraman ally tran combo they are beast. Just an opinion. I wouldn't want to ruin my beautiful new 2014 with all that weight on the front either.

Archived