LED Aftermarket Reverse Lights / Pods

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/164156-cargo-lights-on-with-reverse-lights/?hl=cargos

This link will show you how to use a diode so that your cargo's will ALWAYS be on when your reverse lights on. I don't believe anyone has found a way to have the cargo's on while in drive though. Pretty sure that I seen on here that it is controlled in BCM. Don't quote me on that.

+1 on the being a BCM issue with turning on cargos wile in drive.

Ps. For anyone who really needs to turn them on while driving to check something in the back, you can put the truck in neutral and then flip the switch to turn them on. They I'll stay on as long as you are in neutral

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Has anyone posted a write up of installing the flush mounted led pods pods on the bumper? I'm looking for some direction on how to install and especially wire it all up to work with a switch and in reverse. I saw Moto's earlier post with the wiring diagram but I struggle when it comes to wiring, can anyone break down this whole process Barney style?

Has anyone posted a write up of installing the flush mounted led pods pods on the bumper? I'm looking for some direction on how to install and especially wire it all up to work with a switch and in reverse. I saw Moto's earlier post with the wiring diagram but I struggle when it comes to wiring, can anyone break down this whole process Barney style?

How to install

Pretty much same video as top but on a tundra but on this one I show How to connect the wires so they work with reverse and with a switch.

2014 Silverado 2WT CC Summit White 4.3L V6

DROPKICK Edition

IG: jorge_dropkick_rangel

How to install

Pretty much same video as top but on a tundra but on this one I show How to connect the wires so they work with reverse and with a switch.

DROPKICK Edition

Thanks man. I'll check these out...might have a few questions lol. Do you happen to have a picture of where and how you mounted the switches for these? I've been considering mounting some to the left of my steering wheel above the 4x4 transfer case.

maxresdefault.jpg

Thanks man. I'll check these out...might have a few questions lol. Do you happen to have a picture of where and how you mounted the switches for these? I've been considering mounting some to the left of my steering wheel above the 4x4 transfer case.

maxresdefault.jpg

You can get a replacement headlight trim that also includes the trailer brake hole so that way you can cut it out and mount up to 3 big switches. Or on the top console

177e82ec7b13b98e8154278d64254bc7.jpg713585eed2641a5ebe4fa66aa4cd3de3.jpg

If I'm not mistaken that trim plate is no more then $25 which includes the hole for the 4x4, Headlights, and trailer brake.

DROPKICK Edition

Edited by NitroDatsik

You can get a replacement headlight trim that also includes the trailer brake hole so that way you can cut it out and mount up to 3 big switches. Or on the top console

177e82ec7b13b98e8154278d64254bc7.jpg713585eed2641a5ebe4fa66aa4cd3de3.jpg

If I'm not mistaken that trim plate is no more then $25 which includes the hole for the 4x4, Headlights, and trailer brake.

DROPKICK Edition

Do you happen to have a link to the plate? I've searched and I can't find one? Thanks for all the help though, the videos will definitely help me!

Do you happen to have a link to the plate? I've searched and I can't find one? Thanks for all the help though, the videos will definitely help me!

This is the part number according to darkfox1. 22830877

You can buy it from here

http://www.gmpartsdirect.co/oe-gm/22830877

This is his picture

47c9b2257cc0114909c4279dbcc75688.jpg

And this is the thread where you can see how to install them.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?/topic/171351-Accessory-switches-in-upper-left-cubby/pocket

Accessory switches in upper left cubby/pocket

DROPKICK Edition

. Thanks for the write up. Really good and great illustrations. Do you know if it's the same for 2015 SLT? I am defiantly going to do this...

• 1 month later...

Update on my reverse pods. So I created a spacer for the flush mounts I have in my bumpers. It angles the pods up higher and really lighys things up behind me. I am thinking of ordering a bunch of flush mounts and getting them chromed and sell them with this spacer. Thoughts? Interest?

1e243213092a7b212a83402a5449e523.jpg6bd5c17f8232b725d2ebe42d3f609d03.jpg70aa7f9f97d78b858d85b45505061b41.jpg

• Like 1

I'd be interested. You mean the spacer so the light and mount sit perpendicular to the ground rather than sloping down towards the ground? What would you chrome, exactly?

I'd be interested. You mean the spacer so the light and mount sit perpendicular to the ground rather than sloping down towards the ground? What would you chrome, exactly?

Correct, that's what the spacer is for. And I'm not sure what Phil would chrome but it would probably be the black parts.

Update on my reverse pods. So I created a spacer for the flush mounts I have in my bumpers. It angles the pods up higher and really lighys things up behind me. I am thinking of ordering a bunch of flush mounts and getting them chromed and sell them with this spacer. Thoughts? Interest?

1e243213092a7b212a83402a5449e523.jpg6bd5c17f8232b725d2ebe42d3f609d03.jpg70aa7f9f97d78b858d85b45505061b41.jpg

I say yes, make more spacers and sell them! But no go on the getting pods and chroming them. Most people don't want chrome on these trucks so the chrome pods could easily collect dust waiting for a buyer

Edited by Mike1220

Correct, that's what the spacer is for. And I'm not sure what Phil would chrome but it would probably be the black parts.

I say yes, make more spacers and sell them! But no go on the getting pods and chroming them. Most people don't want chrome on these trucks so the chrome pods could easily collect dust waiting for a buyer

I agree on the chrome option as well. What I think we will do is offer the standard black with color matching paint as an upgrade option. Should have them for sale on the site soon. Need to get the mold finished for the brackets.
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...