LED Aftermarket Reverse Lights / Pods

• 2 years later...

I just finish adding Rough Country X5 LED pods as auxiliary back-up lights.  I wanted a factory look so I wired the relay to be switched on by the cargo switch.  I have a jumper going from the passenger side fuse box to the LED relay mounted under the hood near the battery.  To turn on the lights I just flip the cargo light switch.

Reverse Lights.jpg

IMG_1533.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I didn’t want any pods mounted I wanted the factory look. I swapped the reverse bulbs for high powered led’s. I added the putco tailgate strip. With the cargo light diode reverse lights on with cargo lights. It’s like daytime back there and a factory clean look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Jaychevy81 said:

I didn’t want any pods mounted I wanted the factory look. I swapped the reverse bulbs for high powered led’s. I added the putco tailgate strip. With the cargo light diode reverse lights on with cargo lights. It’s like daytime back there and a factory clean look.

Details and pics?

5c368cb30b506c6e8eb75596608d15dd.jpg
Those are the reverse bulbs there bright I mean no BS bright. And the putco blade lightbar is insane. I will get a pic tonight I’m being honest it lights up the back of the truck. No issues hooking a trailer or anything for that matter. I can open my garage door and light the garage lol.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Rally_18 said:

So is everyone just mounting the pod to the hitch by self tapping screws? 

Sort of... there are 2 holes in the hitch frame so I added a bracket that bolts to the hitch frame and allows the pods to drop doen to where I wanted them. You have to lay under the truck and the holes are in front of box tubing. 

• Like 1

On 3/6/2019 at 9:52 AM, Jaychevy81 said:

5c368cb30b506c6e8eb75596608d15dd.jpg
Those are the reverse bulbs there bright I mean no BS bright. And the putco blade lightbar is insane. I will get a pic tonight I’m being honest it lights up the back of the truck. No issues hooking a trailer or anything for that matter. I can open my garage door and light the garage lol.

I used similar ones on my reverse lights and on my cargo lights, I did the diode mod for my cargo lights to come on with Reverse.  VERY noticeable difference after I changed them out.