Park assist

Well my park assist front end is acting up? Not sure if the recent car wash with sub zero temps have anything to do with it. All sensors clean and not damaged...

Any ideas? When I try to turn on the park assist via switch on the consol the light blinks and then turns off. The small read out on the dash states park assist temporary unavailable.

Hints? And thanks for your thoughts

2014 gmc sierra slt z71. Full load

Could be one of the sensors came loose or has gone bad. I have 2 that are not connected(installed) due to a deer strike last month and mine does same as yours. Get mine re-installed tomorrow... Took a month for the body shop to get them in. Then they had to paint them. They come black.

Check the connector between the front bumper and the chassis. Mine had the same error when I first drove it and thought it went away, but I could never get parking assist to stay on. Took it in and dealer service found the wire on mine was disconnected completely. Great QA, right? I was just glad it was something simple on mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The sensors won't work if they're iced up or covered in snow/mud/etc. When we get the powdery snow my rear assist will disable itself because snow blows up onto the bumper.

During our recent storm, I had the same issue. I got out of the truck and all the sensors were covered with a coat of ice, since the weather has warmed up they work as normal.

Heated sensor would have been a nice option!

Mike

I had issues with the rear ones on my 2011. Often after going through the car wash it wouldn't work and the light would flash. Never had it looked at because it seemed very hard to replicate and I knew I was trading the vehicle in.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having similar issues... Bumpers got covered up with snow during storms last week, I wasn't shocked they didn't work (though in my old '07 Yukon the snow never caused issues for the sensors).

Now the sensors are clear of snow other than maybe a rain drop's worth of ice and they disable - after giving me the obnoxious warning tone.

Is there any way to turn the volume down on the warning tone?

Either way, mine's going in on Wednesday and i'm going have them check these... Will let you all know what they say.

I'm having similar issues... Bumpers got covered up with snow during storms last week, I wasn't shocked they didn't work (though in my old '07 Yukon the snow never caused issues for the sensors).

Now the sensors are clear of snow other than maybe a rain drop's worth of ice and they disable - after giving me the obnoxious warning tone.

Is there any way to turn the volume down on the warning tone?

Either way, mine's going in on Wednesday and i'm going have them check these... Will let you all know what they say.

I see you found the thread. :)

Seems like I remember reading something somewhere in the owners manual about parking sensors and drivers alert sensors may not work properly in ice, snow or if they are dirty. Its been a while since I read the manual so I am not sure. I did have a problem with my parking sensors in this recent ice storm but I just turned them off on the dash at that time. They were working this morning when I drove it.

If they're this sensitive (definitely more sensitive than my old Yukon) then it'd be really nice to completely disable them rather than having to do it every time I get in the truck and having that god awful warning tone ringing my ears off.

As far as I know, they're automatically on every time you start the vehicle, anyone know differently?

yes they come on each time you start the truck. I have mine set to vibrate though. One thing I like about the 14 is that you can set it in the DIC to a setting that allows you to have a trailer hitch on it without all the buzzing or vibrating going on.

Archived