Park assist

Well had my truck at the dealer. Found one of the sensors slightly out of position. Checked and worked in the nice warm shop. A free car wash done by the dealer which was nice, and put outside for me to pick up. Buuuttt its bine very cool here as of late -30 c with wind chill on top of that. Long story short I get in my truck and. Shit same old problem. From middle park assist unavailable. Shows full bars like something is in front of the truck. So I go back into the dealer and talk to my sales guy which awsome and he quite surprised it's not working because he said it was working in the shop. Starting to think these sensors don't like winter. Salesman said bring her in today if it's still not working and will iron it out! The only thing is it gets tied up all day there with no vehicle to drive which I need today...argh. Just wish it was summer again...

Sounds exactly like mine 2fst. Ran mine through the wash to get the ice/snow off, they look perfectly clear to me, but buzz like a banshee before they disable themselves. I know in my old Yukon I could just shut them off, annoying that you're forced to have them turn on every time you start up.

Update:

My Sierra is up at the dealer with the 4x4 getting checked out. I asked about the sensor and he said they'd check them once the ice melted off in the garage, but that's its most likely just because snow/ice. He said that even in the summer, some rain drops can get on there and throw the system off...

If rain drops can throw the system off...what damn good is it? my '07 Yukon was no where near that sensitive, how could the technology go backwards?

On top of that, it seems you can turn the parking assist of in the DIC, but still always turns on when you turn the truck on. Wish I could turn them off permanently.

• 2 months later...

Is is possible that I've disabled the alert tone for my parking assist? It worked the day I bought it and picked it up from the dealer and maybe one other time. I didn't see anything in the manual referring to turning the tone on or off or increasing or decreasing the volume of it. Hate to revive an old thread but this and one other was the only ones I saw, and neither made any reference to the tone

• 1 year later...

I just Got a new truck. From day one, 8 out of 10 times the front park sensor goes off on me with nothing in front of the truck. Have only had it for a week and haven't had a chance to go back to the dealer fro them to check it out.

• 2 months later...

Is is possible that I've disabled the alert tone for my parking assist? It worked the day I bought it and picked it up from the dealer and maybe one other time. I didn't see anything in the manual referring to turning the tone on or off or increasing or decreasing the volume of it. Hate to revive an old thread but this and one other was the only ones I saw, and neither made any reference to the tone

Trying to figure this out too. Had any luck adjusting the volume?

Trying to figure this out too. Had any luck adjusting the volume?

Nah I never did...I sold that truck about a month after that post, bought another one for a few months and then sold that one too. haha I get tired of things pretty quickly.

Archived