2014 Silverado HID Kit issues

I just recently got a 2014 Silverado. I am in the process of installing a HID kit but running into issues. At first every thing was working fine when the truck was off. I then noticed that the headlights would not work when the truck was turned on or driving. Then I installed a relay kit to hopefully resolve all those issues. It now works but the relay buzzes when the truck is put into drive. Any suggestions as to why this this happening?

Sometimes the ballasts buzz, I've heard them but it goes away after a while or you just learn to tune them out since they aren't very loud. I've never heard of the relay buzzing though. Maybe check your ground or get a new relay.

So it appears that a warning canceler or error code eliminator is needed. Here is a video demonstrating exactly what is happening for me and how to fix it.

I ordered the canceler and will see if it corrects the problem.

Great find!

I've added a link to the video in the "HIR to HID" thread: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/152762-stock-hir-to-hid-headlight-conversion/?p=1378354

This information was already in the HID thread...I put the exact items needed for an HID kit to work properly...

Several of us have... and despite the 15 page HID thread, rookies continue to create new HID question threads.

I've given up on people doing searches and just repost anything into the main HID thread for future reference (ex: the video is "new").

Archived