Navigation Destination Entry

U543

I am still in the deciding which brand to purchase stage and I forgot to check something when I took a test drive. On the 2014 GMC 1500 Sierra SLT...

Can you enter a destination into the navigation system while driving?

Can you add a destination via voice?

Thank you in advance.

I think all manufacturers have the same restriction in terms of adding destination while moving. They typically will only let you enter a destination that is in favorites or previously entered while moving throughout the interface. If the vehicle has voice you can enter during moving. With the GMC you can add via voice on the move or use the screen to elect a favorite.

I think all manufacturers have the same restriction in terms of adding destination while moving. They typically will only let you enter a destination that is in favorites or previously entered while moving throughout the interface. If the vehicle has voice you can enter during moving. With the GMC you can add via voice on the move or use the screen to elect a favorite.

Nope. I was able to have my wife enter a destination while driving today. We were both surprised that it let us, but it did. I'm glad it did because we were stuck in a 20 mile jam.

Thank you for the fast response. Most of my cars HAVE allowed me to enter the destination while driving, but I wanted to check.

Cheers!

maybe its hooked to the passanger seat airbag sensor so it only does allow with a pass in the truck

Mine is the same way. You have to have someone in the passenger seat to even get the screen to come up that asks if you are the passenger. I thought I could fool the truck too and just say I was the passenger. Wrong!

I hate this kind of crap. I think people should be considered smart enough to know whether or not it is safe to enter a nav address of not. For instance at a red light or stuck in traffic.

At a red light or stuck in traffic you can, you just can't when the vehicle is in motion

Archived