I currently put a 6in BDS lift on my 2003 silverado 2500hd i also put all new ball joints, tie rods, shocks, wheel bearings, and control arm bushings.

well i put it all together and when putting the torsion bar keys back on it seemed way to tight. i snapped a breaker bar and bent a ball joint press. i messed around with it and then was able to get it in easier.

well now i have no suspension? put your truck up on jack stands with the stands under your frame. that is what it is like. well maybe i turned the key down one to many notches...? no! if i move the key up one notch the truck sits on the floor. it also looks like the torsion bars have a bend to them?

i am very confused and do not understand why this is happening i could use some help. thank you.

Also i currently do not have my motor in it btw.

Well, the torsion bars should never have a bend to them. It's hard to say what is going on without pictures, and with no engine in the truck I would expect the suspension to be very tight. Exactly how did you bust the breaker bar? What were you trying to tighten?

Well, the torsion bars should never have a bend to them. It's hard to say what is going on without pictures, and with no engine in the truck I would expect the suspension to be very tight. Exactly how did you bust the breaker bar? What were you trying to tighten?

I may get pics Friday. The bar has a slight bend I believe do to the lift and the dropped tbars. I broke a breaker bar tightening the ball joint press to compress the key. Burke and my dad both got on the front bumper. He's about 300 and I'm 200... Nothing I jacked the truck up by jacking under the control arms....

There is a special tool for unloading the torsion bars, it's kind of dicey to use anything else. I take it the torsion bar adjusting bolts are backed all the way out?

Did you by chance torque the upper and lower control arm bushing bolts while the truck was on jacks? You shouldn't tighten the bushing bolts unless the truck is setting on it's wheels, with the engine in it. The bushings could be binding.

Few more questions:

Did the kit come with brackets to drop the torsion bar cross member? Did it come with special keys? I am not real familar with BDS kits.

There is a special tool for unloading the torsion bars, it's kind of dicey to use anything else. I take it the torsion bar adjusting bolts are backed all the way out?

Did you by chance torque the upper and lower control arm bushing bolts while the truck was on jacks? You shouldn't tighten the bushing bolts unless the truck is setting on it's wheels, with the engine in it. The bushings could be binding.

Few more questions:

Did the kit come with brackets to drop the torsion bar cross member? Did it come with special keys? I am not real familar with BDS kits.

Few more questions:

i did tighten the control arms when it was on stands. that would do this? and no just needed to take keys off to get control arms off not new keys or anything.

Archived