MyLink valet mode storage box

Anybody have this in their truck? Malibu has the information screen that slides down to reveal a compartment. Guess our trucks are getting it too? Sounds cool, locks with a secret pin number so you can lock valuables in there if you are valet parking your truck, or just want to hide something!

Tom -

I can do a little video for you on Thursday. I am having some meats and a couple other rods installed today. I wish I knew how I got it. To be honest I went to order my truck with a short list of options. The way they package options and deals it became cheapest for me to get pretty much everything to meet my list. When I get a few minutes later in the week. I'll give you a walkthrough so you can see it in action.

I don't see any mention of a valet in the manual. Must be a GMC thing but then it wouldn't be a MyLink. The whole deck would have to be replaced in order to add the compartment. I think this is a myth. Swazimoto: What works awesome? The valet feature to lockout the infotainment system from a valet changing settings or does your really have a hidden compartment? I also notice you have (or will have) a GMC. The original post was for MyLink and mentioned the Malibu. Both are Chevy not GMC.

I don't see any mention of a valet in the manual. Must be a GMC thing but then it wouldn't be a MyLink. The whole deck would have to be replaced in order to add the compartment. I think this is a myth. Swazimoto: What works awesome? The valet feature to lockout the infotainment system from a valet changing settings or does your really have a hidden compartment? I also notice you have (or will have) a GMC. The original post was for MyLink and mentioned the Malibu. Both are Chevy not GMC.

This is on my truck. Works awesome!

Say whaaaa??? The secret compartment? :noway: ..or just the valet mode? :sleep:

**If you have the secret compartment, post pics/video ASAP or I'm going to call you dirty names! haha

Say whaaaa??? The secret compartment? :noway: ..or just the valet mode? :sleep:

**If you have the secret compartment, post pics/video ASAP or I'm going to call you dirty names! haha

I never said it was a secret. You surely have it in yours. The double opening glove box with valet mode. Here is a picture from the net. I am truck-less until Thursday. :(

post-125178-0-71178100-1386107109_thumb.jpg

I never said it was a secret. You surely have it in yours. The double opening glove box with valet mode. Here is a picture from the net. I am truck-less until Thursday. :(

Ok, we're definitely on different pages here! (yes, we all have the dual glove boxes)

The original post above was talking about a compartment directly behind the touchscreen screen & questioned if the trucks had it or might get it.

The Impala does have a pretty trick hidden compartment behind the screen but looks like it's accessed from above by a panel on the dash & not a moving screen. Oh well, still cool that you can lock it electronically.

post-34923-0-20886400-1386108511_thumb.jpg

Ok, we're definitely on different pages here! (yes, we all have the dual glove boxes)

The original post above was talking about a compartment directly behind the touchscreen screen & questioned if the trucks had it or might get it.

The Impala does have a pretty trick hidden compartment behind the screen but looks like it's accessed from above by a panel on the dash & not a moving screen. Oh well, still cool that you can lock it electronically.

Moto the screen slides straight up from where you have it circled. The compartment is actually behind the screen. We do not have that option in these trucks unfortunately.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QMhyavtgoMY&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DQMhyavtgoMY

Archived