LED Front Light Bars & Pods

I'm really surprised how expensive some of these light bars are (I'm talking to you, Vision-X Inc.. ha). I'm thinking a 10" to 15" would look great, but I'm also thinking I should keep it around $200 or less. I can't justify $300+ for something I honestly don't need & only want b/c I think it'll be badass!

Any mid-priced brands you guys can personally vouch for? (as in owned/operated their products 2 or more years?) Thanks.

I actually had the same idea lol. the other day i measured the space and began looking at light bars.The only issue will be mounting. If you look behind the bumper at the back of the plastic there are mounting tabs that hold the plastic to the metal frame. I havent decided if i want to cut that out just yet and im not sure if there are low profile lights that would fit in the pocket and still be flush mount with the bumper.

The other idea i had was to mount the light in the plastic where a front license plat would mount. One could possibly cut the section out between the lines of the mold and mount a 15"/20" bar (recessed) in the mold.

My "planned" light bar addition.

I'm hoping I'll be able to mount it flush with the front bumper by cutting out some of the plastic (excuse the terrible photoshop.. I was using MS Paint).

love the way your truck sits. leveled with no air dam... it's look mean and it looks like it sits really high like the ford raptors... nice!

also the led light in the bumper looks good too.

• Like 2

I actually had the same idea lol. the other day i measured the space and began looking at light bars.The only issue will be mounting. If you look behind the bumper at the back of the plastic there are mounting tabs that hold the plastic to the metal frame. I havent decided if i want to cut that out just yet and im not sure if there are low profile lights that would fit in the pocket and still be flush mount with the bumper.

The other idea i had was to mount the light in the plastic where a front license plat would mount. One could possibly cut the section out between the lines of the mold and mount a 15"/20" bar (recessed) in the mold.

Assuming I find the ideal light, I plan on cutting through the plastic. Just behind it is a metal support which looks like it'll be ideal for holding the mounts securely.

post-34923-0-75622600-1388095118_thumb.jpg

post-34923-0-26837500-1388095127_thumb.jpg

I'm really surprised how expensive some of these light bars are (I'm talking to you, Vision-X Inc.. ha). I'm thinking a 10" to 15" would look great, but I'm also thinking I should keep it around $200 or less. I can't justify $300+ for something I honestly don't need & only want b/c I think it'll be badass!

Any mid-priced brands you guys can personally vouch for? (as in owned/operated their products 2 or more years?) Thanks.

A bunch of ppl on my jeep forum run this...

https://sneveysoffroad.com/shop/highlander-trail-series-12-led-light-bar/

Cheap and bulletproof... I use mine constantly.. no issues at all

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Or this for $140.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/171160923627?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_6450wt_996

Thanks but my question was:

"..brands you guys can personally vouch for.."

Can you for that light bar? I don't even see a brand on that one..?

Highlander.. and lifetime warranty.. can't beat it honestly..

And a led is a led... For the most part.. the housings all look identical.. the mother board inside is what matters or if they use CREE leds.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Oops thought u quoted me

Edited by svtkidd23

Thanks but my question was:

"..brands you guys can personally vouch for.."

Can you for that light bar? I don't even see a brand on that one..?

i'm not gonna vouch for that light bar, but i can tell you that buddy of mine bought this for his Tundra 2 years ago and still working on his truck. My wife is getting it for me for our upcoming Aniversary.I can may be tell you by then.. :)

Interesting....I'd like something stealth like that behind the grill and maybe strobes in the rear tail lights; just for fun, not plowing or anything. How hard/permenant are tail light strobe lights to install?