Sliding Rear Window - Which option/package?

I am in the market for the 2014 Sierra SLT and I normally keep my truck for 8-10 years. That being said, I really want to make sure all the options I want are on my next truck. I do want the rear sliding window, but I am having difficulty finding which package or option is it.

Can anybody confirm which package? I thought it was the 'preferred' package but I can't find it listed on preferred package.

Here is what is on the preferred package.

The SLE Preferred Package includes:
  • 10-way power seat adjuster for driver (with front 40/20/40 reclining split-bench seat only)
  • Remote vehicle starter system
  • Front fog lamps
  • Universal Home Remote on Crew Cab and Double Cab models
  • Rear-window defogger
  • Manual tilt and telescoping steering column
  • 110-volt power outlet
  • Dual-zone climate control on Crew Cab and Double Cab models

The SLT Preferred Package includes:

• Front and Rear Park Assist, which helps the driver park by issuing warnings when the vehicle gets too close to an object
  • Heated steering wheel

Manual tilt and telescoping steering column is replaced by manual tilt steering column when 4.3L EcoTec3 V6 engine is specified.

Does anyone know which package or option the sliding rear window is under? Seems most of the SLT's have then but not all.

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was part of the preferred package but was removed after GM stopped producing the rear slider. Your best best is to find a truck that has one already cause you won't be able to order one with it.

It was part of the preferred package but was removed after GM stopped producing the rear slider. Your best best is to find a truck that has one already cause you won't be able to order one with it.

That's crazy, so no more rear window for 2014's? ..or just temporarily until they resolve the design issue?

That's crazy, so no more rear window for 2014's? ..or just temporarily until they resolve the design issue?

As far as I know they are not available anymore. On the GMC site you cannot configure a truck with a slider either. I'm not sure if it's permanent or just temporary but for now the option to order a slider is gone.

I just saw two different vehicles. Both have the 'preferred package' as shown on the Dealer Vehicle Locator.

Preferred package - PCM $400 Window, Power rear Sliding-A48

Preferred package - PCM $150 Does not have the rear sliding window.

I have not spoken to the dealer about the rear window and whether they plan to still make them. I did love seeing the Tundra which allows for the entire back window to roll down. I'd just be happy with this small rear window. BUT after thinking more and more about it, the lack of a rear window may not be that bad.... Heck, I've never had one before. I just hate "setteling"

I really just want to build my truck without the $795 navigation, $230 integrated trailer, and $845 driver alert. BUT... I can't because the 20" chrome aluminum wheels I really want are on restraint.

This is temporary to my knowledge. There is constraint for that 50,000 vehicle "recall" for the window being inoperative. They are replacing those as priority which may or may not have affected the availability of the option...

This is temporary to my knowledge. There is constraint for that 50,000 vehicle "recall" for the window being inoperative. They are replacing those as priority which may or may not have affected the availability of the option...

The preferred package changed then. When I was looking for my truck. I wanted the window. It was in the package that contained only 3 things the bumper parking sensors, sliding, window and tilt wheel. The truck I bought did not have that package and I told the salesman I only wanted it for the window.

My TBW is next week on my LTZ. It was supposedly ordered with the rear slider, and confirmed multiple times by the dealer, even though it doesn't show up on the build sheet printed out. It was accepted just a couple weeks ago. We'll see if it shows up that way.

My TBW is next week on my LTZ. It was supposedly ordered with the rear slider, and confirmed multiple times by the dealer, even though it doesn't show up on the build sheet printed out. It was accepted just a couple weeks ago. We'll see if it shows up that way.

I wonder how that's gonna play out for you, I ordered mine back in September with the rear slider but I was told by Jennifer that it wasn't on the RPO list after the truck was built. My dealer however never told me anything about it being deleted. If this is true and it's still there and not on the build sheet that'd be a nice mistake.

I wonder how that's gonna play out for you, I ordered mine back in September with the rear slider but I was told by Jennifer that it wasn't on the RPO list after the truck was built. My dealer however never told me anything about it being deleted. If this is true and it's still there and not on the build sheet that'd be a nice mistake.

Same circumstances. It shows on what I got from the dealer but not in the list Jennifer sent me. But the dealer told me that they even contacted GM to verify that it would be included since it was not on the list for the first version they gave me and it was when they submitted the order.

It's still listed on the website as standard equipment on the Denali and High Country and it is still listed on my Denali order. It could be they reduced the number needed at the factory by limiting it to the Denali/HC. It sounds like they have a fix for the problems the early ones had, it's just a matter of getting enough replacement parts.

My 2011 came with the rear power sliding window. I would not have ordered it. I opened it once to see it work and have not used it since. To me it is just clutter in the rear view and hard to clean. So I would say if you don't have a specific reason to want it, forget it. At least in my case when it fails, it will be closed. :nopity:

if you don't have the sliding rear window, you are supposed to get a $250.00 credit http://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp/domestic/distupdate.jsp?year=2014&regionID=1&divisionID=2&vehicleID=14683&daterange=12 on the 10/28/2013 update

• Crew Cab and Double Cab Interior section-(A48) Window, power, rear sliding, deleted option entirely.
Distribution Updates Updates for Sierra 1500 Week of 12/2/2013

Effective 12/2/2013, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:

• Crew Cab and Double Cab Exterior section-(SCZ) LPO, Tailgate handle, chrome, deleted footnote on 4SA entirely.
Week of 11/25/2013

Effective 11/25/2013, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:

• Crew Cab Interior section-(UQA) Bose Sound with 6 speaker system, updated footnote to read "Included in (PDB) SLT Crew Cab Value Package, (PDC) Texas SLT Crew Cab Value Package, (PCK) SLT Crew Cab Value Plus Package or (PCL) Texas SLT Crew Cab Value Plus Package. Required when (L86) 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine and (AN3) bucket seat are ordered and includes (NKC) noise control system.".
  • Crew Cab and Double Cab Interior section-Added (PDH) LPO, GMC Interior Protection Package, includes (VAV) all-weather floor mats, LPO and (VBR) rubber bed mat, LPO, (dealer-installed) with "A/D" availability on all trims with a footnote on 1SA that reads "Requires (B30) color-keyed carpeting. Not available with (PDM) Bed Protection Package, LPO, (VBN) bed rug, LPO or (VZX) bed liner, LPO.". Added a footnote 2 on 3SA and 4SA that reads "Not available with (PDM) Bed Protection Package, LPO, (PDL) Cargo Convenience Package, LPO, (VBN) bed rug, LPO or (VZX) bed liner, LPO."
  • Regular Cab Interior section-Added (PDH) LPO, GMC Interior Protection Package, includes (VAV) all-weather floor mats, LPO and (VBR) rubber bed mat, LPO, (dealer-installed) with "A/D" availability on all trims with a footnote on 1SA that reads "Requires (B30) color-keyed carpeting. Not available with (PDM) Bed Protection Package, LPO, (VBN) bed rug, LPO or (VZX) bed liner, LPO.". Added a footnote 2 on 3SA that reads "Not available with (PDM) Bed Protection Package, LPO, (VBN) bed rug, LPO or (VZX) bed liner, LPO."
  • Crew Cab and Double Cab Interior section-(VAV) LPO, All-weather floor mats, updated footnote to read "Requires (B30) color-keyed carpeting. Included with (PDL) Cargo Convenience Package, LPO and (PDH) GMC Interior Protection Package, LPO.". Added new footnote 1 on 1SA that reads "Requires (B30) color-keyed carpeting. Included with (PDH) GMC Interior Protection Package, LPO.". Added new footnote 3 on 4SA that reads "Included with (PDL) Cargo Convenience Package, LPO and (PDH) GMC Interior Protection Package, LPO.".
  • Regular Cab Interior section-(VAV) LPO, All-weather floor mats, updated footnote to read "Requires (B30) color-keyed carpeting. Included with (PDH) GMC Interior Protection Package, LPO.".
  • Regular Cab Exterior section-(S41) LPO, Rear wheel house liners, deleted footnote entirely.
  • All Cabs Exterior section-(VBR) LPO, Rubber bed mat, updated footnote to read "Included with (PDH) GMC Interior Protection Package, LPO or (PDM) Bed Protection Package, LPO. Not available with (VZX) bed liner, LPO."
Week of 11/18/2013

Effective 11/18/2013, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:

• Crew Cab Interior section-(TG5) Single-slot CD/MP3 player, added a footnote 2 on 4SA that reads "Replaced by (U42) rear seat DVD/Blu-Ray Entertainment Package when (U42) is ordered.".
  • Crew Cab Interior section-Added (U42) Entertainment Package, rear seat DVD/Blu-ray player with 9.2 inch LCD display, 2 sets of wireless headphones and A/V remote control, available on 4SA with a footnote that reads "Requires (AN3) front bucket seats and (UQA) Bose premium audio system. Replaces (TG5) single-slot CD/MP3 player.".
  • All Cabs Interior section-Added (SFV) LPO, GMC WiFi, (dealer-installed), with "A/D" availability on all trims.
Week of 11/11/2013

Effective 11/11/2013, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:

• Crew Cab and Double Cab Interior section-(C49) Defogger, rear-window electric, updated footnote to read "Included and only available with (PCM) SLE Preferred Package, (PDU) SLE Value Package, (PDA) Texas SLE Value Package or (PDD) SLE Convenience Package."
  • Double Cab Interior section-Added (PDL) LPO, Cargo Convenience Package, includes (VAV) all-weather floor mats, LPO, (VKW) front console organizer, LPO and (VBJ) rear under seat storage, LPO, (dealer-installed), with "A/D" availability on 3SA and 4SA. Added a footnote on 3SA that reads "Requires (A95) front cloth bucket seats.". Added a footnote on 4SA that reads "Requires (AN3) front full feature leather appointed bucket seats.".
  • Crew Cab and Double Cab Interior section-(VAV) LPO, All-weather floor mats, added a footnote on 3SA and 4SA that reads "Included with (PDL) Cargo Convenience Package, LPO.".
  • Crew Cab and Double Cab Interior section-(VKW) LPO, Front console organizer updated footnote 1 to read "Included with (PDL) Cargo Convenience Package, LPO. Requires (A95) front bucket seats. Not available with (S0P) console insert, LPO.". Updated footnote 2 to read "Included with (PDL) Cargo Convenience Package, LPO. Requires (AN3) front bucket seats. Not available with (S0P) console insert, LPO.".
  • Crew Cab and Double Cab Interior section-(VBJ) LPO, Rear underseat storage, deleted footnote entirely. Added a new footnote 1 to 3SA and 4SA that reads ""Included with (PDL) Cargo Convenience Package, LPO.".
  • Crew Cab Exterior section-Added (SF6) LPO, Body color wheel arch moldings, "A/D" available on all trims with a footnote that reads "Requires (GAN) Quicksilver Metallic, (GAZ) Summit White, (GBA) Onyx Black, (GBN) White Diamond Tricoat or (GCE) Sonoma Red Metallic."
  • Double Cab and Regular Cab Exterior section-Added (SF6) LPO, Body color wheel arch moldings, "A/D" available on all trims with a footnote that reads "Requires (GAN) Quicksilver Metallic, (GAZ) Summit White, (GBA) Onyx Black or (GCE) Sonoma Red Metallic."
Week of 11/4/2013

Effective 11/4/2013, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:

• Regular Cab Exterior section-(RZB) LPO, Sierra body color accented grille, updated footnote to read "Requires exterior paint color (GAN) Quicksilver Metallic, (GAZ) Summit White, (GBA) Onyx Black or (GCE) Sonoma Red Metallic.".
Week of 10/28/2013

Effective 10/28/2013, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:

• Crew Cab and Double Cab Interior section-(PDD) SLE Convenience Package, updated extended description to read "includes (JF4) power-adjustable pedals, (UD7) Rear Park Assist and (C49) rear-window defogger".
  • Crew Cab and Double Cab Interior section-(PCM) SLT Preferred Package, updated extended description to read "includes (UD5) Front and Rear Park Assist and (UVD) heated steering wheel".
  • Crew Cab Interior section-(UQA) Bose Sound with 6 speaker system, updated extended description to read "(7 speaker system including subwoofer when ordered with bucket seats)". Updated footnote to read "Included in (PDB) SLT Crew Cab Value Package or (PDC) Texas SLT Crew Cab Value Package. Required when (L86) 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine and (AN3) bucket seats are ordered and includes (NKC) noise control system.".
  • Double Cab Interior section-(UQA) Bose Sound with 6 speaker system, updated extended description to read "(7 speaker system including subwoofer when ordered with bucket seats)". Updated footnote to read "Included with (GAT) All-Terrain Package. Required when (L86) 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine and (AN3) bucket seats are ordered and includes (NKC) noise control system.".
  • All Cabs Interior section-(AE7) Seats, front 40/20/40 split-bench, updated extended description to read "3-passenger, driver and front passenger recline with outboard head restraints and center fold-down armrest with storage. Vinyl has fixed lumbar and cloth has manually adjustable driver lumbar"
  • Crew Cab and Double Cab Interior section-(A48) Window, power, rear sliding, deleted option entirely.
  • Crew Cab Exterior section-(PDG) All Terrain SLT Crew Cab "Plus" Package, updated extended description to read "includes (NZH) 20" x 9" ultra bright machined aluminum wheel with painted accents, (UD5) Front and Rear Park Assist, (UVD) heated steering wheel and (BVQ) 6" rectangular chrome tubular assist steps".
  • Crew Cab and Double Cab Exterior section-(GAT) All-Terrain Package, updated extended description to read "includes (RT5) 18" x 8.5" (45.7 cm x 21.6 cm) chrome aluminum wheels, (Z71) Off-Road Suspension Package with monotube Rancho shocks, (NZZ) underbody shield, (UD7) Rear Park Assist, (B58) carpeted floor mats, (VB5) front body-color bumper, (DD8) auto-dimming inside rearview mirror and (VT5) rear body-color bumper without cornersteps. All-Terrain side emblem replaces Z71 side emblem. Requires one of the following exterior colors: GAN, GAZ, GBA, GCE, GXG, G56 or GBN (GBN on Crew Cab only).".
  • Crew Cab and Double Cab Exterior section-(VT5) Bumper, rear body-color, updated footnote to read "Included and only available with (GAT) All-Terrain Package.".
  • Crew Cab and Double Cab Exterior section-(DPN) Mirrors, outside heated power-adjustable vertical camper, updated extended description to read "manual-folding and extending, black. Includes integrated turn signal indicators consisting of 50 square inch flat mirror surface positioned over a 20 square inch convex mirror surface with a common head and lower convex spotter glass (convex glass is not heated and not power adjustable).".
  • Crew Cab and Double Cab Exterior section-(RKX) Tires, P265/65R18 all-season, blackwall, changed availability to open box. And added a footnote that reads "Needs to be upgraded to All-Terrain tires when (Z71) Off-Road Suspension Package is ordered".
  • All Cabs Exterior section-(SB7) LPO, decal, Z71, changed description to read "LPO, bedside decal, Z71

Archived