Sliding Rear Window - Which option/package?

Hey jdvaughn,

If you would like to PM me your VIN I would be happy to check to see if your vehicle is part of any open recalls or safety bulletins.

Sincerely,

Jonathan A. (Assisting Jennifer)

GM Customer Care

Jonathan, is it possible for you to clarify for prospective customers the availability of the sliding rear window option? Are trucks being ordered with the option being delivered without it? Is it not be offered currently but will be once stocks are built up? Is it available only on certain trim levels? Thanks.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My dealer told me that GM wanted to make the rear sliding window exclusive to Denail's only. This is why you can't find it anymore.

This better be a one dealer B.S. story. GM has tried for 10 years to greatly diminish rear sliders in pickups, all the while the competition has continued to offer them as standard equipment in many trim levels. Finally with these 2014's GM gave up trying to force feed the customer and admitted defeat and the slider was standard on the LTZ/SLT and above. Now a poorly engineered design has them going backwards again. Only in Denali's and High Country now. Makes you wonder if what else they can't engineer well if they just give up on this. BTW I believe the sliders were never available on a 2014 regular cab. Isn't the regular cab the configuration you would most want a slider??? I was seriously thinking of ordering one in January but now I'm seeing that the old GM may be alive and well again. If GM is too lazy and or incompetent to fix the problem and covers there tracks by hiding the option in a very low volume trim level I'll take that as symptom of bigger problems.

Archived