Heated seats not working

They won't issue a recall because it's not a safety issue. As far as a service bulletin, first they have to figure out how to fix the problem. You can't tell me the GM engineers can't figure this problem out... so that means it probably comes down to cost. Everyone with this problem needs to keep on GM for a solution.

I still don't have my truck back after a week at the dealer.

Very unfortunate. I can't bring my truck in until I get back from a long business trip but if they keep it for a week for a problem with the seat heaters I will not be a happy camper.

My heat seaters don't work well or at all either. I took it in today and they said they couldn't find any issues. My 07 Silverado seats worked better in low and medium than my 14 SLT does in high.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine worked great until about 25,000 km. Then they started to work intermittently where you could flip them to back only and then back to full seat and they would work. Now they do not work at all. The passenger seat gets super warm though.

Next oil change I will mention it to them and see if they can fix it. FYI I have heated and cooled seats.

I think partially working heated seats is a GM feature. On my 2009 Silverado, I had the drivers seat repaired 3 times! And it still doesn't work. The last repair happened right before the warranty ended, so they wouldn't even look at it when I brought it back to have it fixed again.

That was roughly 60000 km ago, so I got used to not having heated seats on the cold Alberta mornings.

Edited by DanMan_S

my trucks at the dealer now passenger side works great drivers bottom doesnt work at all

hopin for the best

My driver's side seat bottom just quit working too (about 7,500 miles). The dealer mentioned that they'd need at least a couple of days to troubleshoot and repair. I haven't taken it in yet as I've needed my truck. Let me know how yours plays out as I likely have the same problem.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Son of a gun.

This thread makes me realize that I need to take mine to a GMC dealer. Seat heaters are slow to response (seat heaters in my '5 CTS-V are superior), don't work when the engine is running after remotely started (yes, they are turned on in the setting), and only work halfway up the back on both front seats.

It's a '15 Sierra 1500 SLE with only 1.7k miles which I bought Dec 1. Seat heaters are just one issue among other things.

Update on my 2014 LT. took it to the shop on 8 December about the heated seat issue. I was told they needed to order a part. The write up on my paper work states: Drivers Seat Cushin Heating Element Open Circuit Internally, Parts ordered. The day is the 17th and I have heard nothing from the dealership. I wonder where they had to order the parts from? Heading to VA for the holidays, sure wish I had heated seats that worked.

Update on my 2014 LT. took it to the shop on 8 December about the heated seat issue. I was told they needed to order a part. The write up on my paper work states: Drivers Seat Cushin Heating Element Open Circuit Internally, Parts ordered. The day is the 17th and I have heard nothing from the dealership. I wonder where they had to order the parts from? Heading to VA for the holidays, sure wish I had heated seats that worked.

I'm curious to see what the end result is. I complained on here mine don't work during remote start but after further observation, they just take like 20 minutes to heat up. That can't be accepted as normal. I haven't taken mine to get checked out yet.

My dealer called and said that my heated seats are fixed and my truck is ready to pick up. I have been traveling so I wont be able to pick them up and see if they truly are fixed until tomorrow (12/19). I don't understand why so many problems with the heated seats? I traded in a 2005 Trailblazer that had great heated seats that worked consistently and flawlessly for 9 years. I have a Chrysler 300 with very good heated seats without any problems. what gives here?

just the back works marginally on mine I don't feel any heat coming from the seat section at all ,I was going to take it in to get it fixed but after reading this thread I think it would be a waste of my time,the heated seats on my last truck worked good but I never used them that much so for the hassle it would be to take it there and have them tell me it is normal is not worth it to me,I will just live with it,I do have the button that lights up so I can at least brag that I have the heated and cooled seat option even though it is useless.

Edited by Tqjunkie

After being disappointed with a failed attempt to have my heated seats fixed by my servicing GM dealer and being dealt the proverbial comment afterwards that" the seats are working as designed" from one of the GM Customer care reps who follow this forum, I followed the advice from a fellow member here and appear to be getting some real results.

As he suggested, (see link below), I filed my BBB Autoline complaint report and surprisingly received a sincere call from a GM corp. representative the next day....the rep. asked me to detail the problem I am experiencing with my seats not working, listened to me and promised to pursue a resolution.

The rep also asked for a few days to work the problem internally with GM and has since called me back as they said they would, and committed to me that I will be getting a call from my servicing dealer by not later than the 29th of December with a plan to fix them with the support from GM Corp.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/165260-have-u-filed-with-bbb-autoline-about-ur-2104-sierrasilverado/?hl=bbb

I'll return to this post after the 29th. to post the outcome.

Note: In my filling of the BBB complaint I did not complain about the servicing dealer nor GM's customer care - I simply addressed my complaint based upon the fact that my heated seats are not working to the same degree they did when I purchased the truck in Dec 2013 (12 months ago) and that GM corp. should address the problem.

Edited by Rewillia